Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Aftermarket Foglights

Old 02-12-2013, 05:45 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Foglights

Looking to install aftermarket fog lights to replace the factory lights that were removed when I installed the Smittybilt SRC bumper. I am wondering what a good L.E.D. light would be that uses the factory wiring and won't overload. Suggestions are needed because I'm new to modding.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Could buy oe fog housings for a good price on ebay, then add some super bright white LED bulbs from v-leds.com. Their leds are top notch. I'm getting some of their led bulbs for my fogs. Currently using some of their reverse bulbs in a 6k 9w, searing bright, awesome lighting.
Old 02-13-2013, 06:57 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by taccop318
Looking to install aftermarket fog lights to replace the factory lights that were removed when I installed the Smittybilt SRC bumper. I am wondering what a good L.E.D. light would be that uses the factory wiring and won't overload. Suggestions are needed because I'm new to modding.
In order to avoid issues that others have experienced with things like "overloading" and "flickering", just install an aftermarket wireing harness along with your new lights. Then just use the OE switch to trip the relay of the new harnes. This is accomplished by connecting one of the OE foglight wires to the new harness. Now you can pick out any type of light you desire.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:39 AM
JK Freak

Get the Vision X set. I have them and they are great!
100 percent get these.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:45 PM
JK Freak

If you are replacing the stock fog lights, Vision X makes a killer set that fits right into the stock mounting.
Now I do like the Truck-Lite and the Speaker but if you are wanting to replace stock lights with either of them it requires a bit of modification of the bumper (meaning you have to take it off and put it back on) and of course coming up with a mount it self.
The Vision X on the other hand has the mounting attached to the lights already and fits right into place, using the same 4 mounting screws per light as the stock light does.
I have the Vision X and they are very, very bright, a great companion to my Truck-Lites.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hello!, I have HID lights installed in my fog light housings. I think I have had them for about 2 or 3 years. Now all of the sudden the right light doesnt go on. No big deal! BUT now I am wondering what LEDs would look like? I have the first gen Trucklites LED headlights and LOVE them! So now to make the type of light output similar I am thinking about LEDS! I have read alot about the RR Dually and now the Vision X. I guess my question is which ones??? I go on the websites and there seems to be so many different models I am just confusing myself. I dont want to spend a fortune BUT i know LEDS do have a high cost factor involved. I do like my HIDS I am just wondering what my options are??? Thanks for all your help!
Old 02-16-2013, 03:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jjmmagoo
Hello!, I have HID lights installed in my fog light housings. I think I have had them for about 2 or 3 years. Now all of the sudden the right light doesnt go on. No big deal! BUT now I am wondering what LEDs would look like? I have the first gen Trucklites LED headlights and LOVE them! So now to make the type of light output similar I am thinking about LEDS! I have read alot about the RR Dually and now the Vision X. I guess my question is which ones??? I go on the websites and there seems to be so many different models I am just confusing myself. I dont want to spend a fortune BUT i know LEDS do have a high cost factor involved. I do like my HIDS I am just wondering what my options are??? Thanks for all your help!
Hid in ur stock fog light housings? I have 8000K H.I.D. In my fogs and they melted the shit outta them lol
Old 02-16-2013, 05:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jersey_Devil

Hid in ur stock fog light housings? I have 8000K H.I.D. In my fogs and they melted the shit outta them lol
Yeah, so far so good. The right side came on with some persistence but I can't see any areas that may or may not be damaged from the HID'd. I think I have 7000k I mine.
Old 02-16-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Macman1138
Get the Vision X set. I have them and they are great!
100 percent get these.
X2 Love mine. Use 'em without my CiBie Headlights sometimes they are that powerful. Being L.E.D they draw less than the oem so no worries .. plug -n- play
Old 02-17-2013, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

With so many models of both the Vision & the rigid what are the model numbers would I want??? Also what else do I need with these lights or does it just fit into the stock bumper??? Thanks for all your help!

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Foglights