Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

aftermarket screen

Old 10-20-2021, 09:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket screen

Hello,
I own a 2014 Rubicon
yesterday i changed my original screen to an aftermarket screen, after that the music sounds shit, I can't control the speakers, the sound comes out of all speakers even after I select the front speakers on the equalizer
note the car has the original sound system and subwoofer)
the strange thing is that they didn't cut any wires
they told me that since all the speakers are connected to the subwoofer and connected with one cable to the screen, the aftermarket screen will read it as if its 1 speaker
Any ideas or suggestions on what happened?

Old 10-21-2021, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 31 Likes on 29 Posts

With the stock amplifier you will lose the ability to fade front to rear with an aftermarket head unit. Only the front speaker lines work with an aftermarket HU. There are a couple things programmed into factory HU/amp setup like fade and the compass. As far as sound, you may be looking at new speakers. I changed my HU years ago and bought it from Crutchfield. There were very specific instructions on wiring the harness with a factory amp. My speakers also sounded bad and i replaced the speaker, polyfilled the boxes and soundbar and ported the front boxes to account for new speakers. Also the amp is metered and wont send more power to the sub even with a more powerful HU. So you may find the rear sub doesnt seem to sound better/louder. I eventually added a 200w powered under seat sub. All of that made it sound phenomenal.

Quick Reply: aftermarket screen