Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Alarm install - parking brake wire help

Old 09-05-2009, 04:47 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Alarm install - parking brake wire help

Ok, I hope someone has a suggestion for me here I'm wiring up a Viper 5901 in my '09 X. I've hooked the parking brake wire to the white/green wire under the fuse block as shown in the pic below. However, it only flashes the markers on the front driver's side. Anyone know what I did wrong?

Old 09-05-2009, 05:23 PM
JK Freak

hmmm 09 different? i just did my 07 last weekend works great
Old 09-05-2009, 05:28 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Yeah, I'm a bit concerned that they changed it on the '09 models. One thing I noticed is there are two identical white/green wires on that block - the one the arrow is pointing to, and another one on the next row down. Did you happen to notice this on yours? Also, did you hook up the remote start?
Old 09-05-2009, 05:37 PM
JK Freak

i put it on that one I remember cause it was next to the brown. I actually took my remote start out. I put in a viper 5002. I am actually still putting it in I hope to be done monday or tomorrow.

I have
2 way paging
tilt
proximity
shock
hood
doors
trunk
domlight supervision also turns on footwells and rocklights ( also everything flashes when it goes off very cool )
horn honk in full panic
I have ground loops protecting 4 driving lights,bestop element doors lowers and uppers,jerrycan,rear tire,co2 tank, hi lift
I also ran the wires for power locks when winter comes

Its taking forever I hooked it up and left it armed for a week to make sure i didnt have a million falses. Now this weekend I am running everything perm its a bitch to get everything perfect I got ocd when it comes to wires haha
Old 09-05-2009, 05:56 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Jesus, that sounds like quite the project! Do you have any more info on the ground loops? I haven't installed an alarm in a long, long time and this is something I haven't heard of before.
Old 09-06-2009, 05:47 PM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

So it turns out the issue was my fault. The main connector wasn't locked back in to the fuse block all the way, causing only some of the connections to work. Go me
Old 09-06-2009, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

oh well at least ya found it i finished everything except the driving light loops but it was drivable today so I was happy! BTW the ground loops are from dei I got em off ebay. There about a 1.5" square you feed it power then make a loop to whatever you want to protect then when that loop is open the module sends either a + or a - to the alarm. This is what took me forever cause i heat shrinked everything and used water proof connectors ect...

Last edited by mattymat04; 09-06-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 06:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Does that unit have proximity sensor(s)?
Old 09-07-2009, 12:16 AM
JTG
JK Enthusiast

Not built-in, but you can get the plug-in module for like $30.

Quick Reply: Alarm install - parking brake wire help