Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

alarms

Old 11-20-2006, 07:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alarms

i had the jeep r try to ask me to upgrade my alarm for a hefty 6 hundred bucks and i asked him what more will it do- in short not much.

the guys that are redoing my whole sound/video/gps/bluetooth/ipod system said that with this truck and the upgrades i should at least invest in an above standard alarm system....so my pick was COMPUSTAR and would like to know if any one has ever had this system?

last time i ever had an alarm (otyher then the wife's car) was in 86' and was a basic hit a button, hear a chirp and walk away.....now i see they have systems that will monitor your car, check on your via a pc, kill your car start via pc (scares me if the the wife new this) and now i see some other systems will also take pics of would be intruders via a on board cam and then sent to you via pc......in short not much more then what the jeep dealor wanted......
Old 11-21-2006, 06:17 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Holy cow, alarms can really do all that now? It's like having your own personal "big brother". Ever since I've started to own Jeeps, I've stopped worrying about the need for one. But then, with a setup like yours, I suppose a good one will be needed. Keep us up to speed with what you get and how much it cost ya. Who knows, maybe I will need one with the new JK

Quick Reply: alarms