JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   AllGig (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/allgig-67404/)

seabearcaptain 01-05-2009 09:52 PM

AllGig

Hello,
It has been awhile since I have been on JK-Forum. Does anyone have any pros or cons of the AllGig for the MyGig? I want to add some displays on the headrests for twin 6 year olds, U-connect, and Video in motion. I am told I need the AllGig, with a mic and a cable. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

dsy 01-06-2009 03:04 AM

Works great. I just installed it yesterday on a non-nav mygig (REN) Got vid in motion and it also enabled the external uconnect module I had for my 6 disk REQ radio which the mopar techs said would not work. You will also need the extra A/V cable, around $65. to hook up the rear monitors and back up cam.

JackMac4 01-06-2009 05:25 AM

I think lockpick does the same thing as allgig, no?

dsy 01-06-2009 05:41 AM

Originally Posted by JackMac4 (Post 874127)
I think lockpick does the same thing as allgig, no?

I think they both claim to do the same thing for about the same money. My experince with the Nav-tv folks is outstanding cust service. Cant say I got the same impression from the lockpick people.

Cesar 01-06-2009 06:34 AM

Yep, the lockpick and all gig do the same thing i.e. video in motion, bluetooth, extra av inputs, back up camera, voice command.

Its the blue gig from nav-tv thats limited in comparison to the lockpick and the allgig.

seabearcaptain 01-06-2009 09:34 PM

Thanks for the input

Thanks guys, much appreciated. I will give Nav-Tv a shout. Happy trails!

J. Dub 01-07-2009 05:59 AM

So All gig has better service yet does the same as loc-pic company does?

dsy 01-07-2009 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by J. Dub (Post 876086)
So All gig has better service yet does the same as loc-pic company does?

Originally Posted by dsy (Post 874138)
My experince with the Nav-tv folks is outstanding cust service. Cant say I got the same impression from the lockpick people.

Yes the devices do the same thing... pick your own with who you want to deal with. Neither are sponsors here

J. Dub 01-07-2009 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by dsy (Post 876154)
Yes the devices do the same thing... pick your own with who you want to deal with. Neither are sponsors here

TY:thumbsup:

bluer101 01-07-2009 03:15 PM

I used MyGig Lockpick in my Chrysler 300 and the only reason why I choose them was, the AV cable used to supply external monitors outputs both fixed audio and video to external monitors or headrests. This is handy since the MyGig unit when unlocked works just like the factory VES system. So if you have children that will be using the headphones you can also feed any sourse from the MyGig to the back. Like AM, FM, hard drive music, Aux, Disk so this comes in handy besides just movies.:thumbsup:

I works right around the corner from NavTV and was all set to purchace thier AllGig and found out it does not output audio from their cable. Hope this helps.