JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/)
-   -   AllGig (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/allgig-67404/)

J. Dub 01-07-2009 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by bluer101 (Post 877136)
I used MyGig Lockpick in my Chrysler 300 and the only reason why I choose them was, the AV cable used to supply external monitors outputs both fixed audio and video to external monitors or headrests. This is handy since the MyGig unit when unlocked works just like the factory VES system. So if you have children that will be using the headphones you can also feed any sourse from the MyGig to the back. Like AM, FM, hard drive music, Aux, Disk so this comes in handy besides just movies.:thumbsup:

I works right around the corner from NavTV and was all set to purchace thier AllGig and found out it does not output audio from their cable. Hope this helps.

Heck yes this helps. Seems like lockpick is what I will be getting now thanks to your post. :thumbsup:

seabearcaptain 01-07-2009 09:17 PM

recently

Did you buy the lockpick for your chrysler recently?

dsy 01-08-2009 03:17 AM

Originally Posted by bluer101 (Post 877136)
I used MyGig Lockpick in my Chrysler 300 and the only reason why I choose them was, the AV cable used to supply external monitors outputs both fixed audio and video to external monitors or headrests. This is handy since the MyGig unit when unlocked works just like the factory VES system. So if you have children that will be using the headphones you can also feed any sourse from the MyGig to the back. Like AM, FM, hard drive music, Aux, Disk so this comes in handy besides just movies.:thumbsup:

Did not realize there was a difference in capabilities. I was not planning on plumbing the rear or I probably would have gone lockpick. I did get the A/V cable with the Allgig for camera support but did not know it did not have AUX in besides the camera for dual VES zones.

bluer101 01-08-2009 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by seabearcaptain (Post 877900)
Did you buy the lockpick for your chrysler recently?

I got the Lockpick 2 months ago and its verson 2.:thumbsup:

bluer101 01-08-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by dsy (Post 878037)
Did not realize there was a difference in capabilities. I was not planning on plumbing the rear or I probably would have gone lockpick. I did get the A/V cable with the Allgig for camera support but did not know it did not have AUX in besides the camera for dual VES zones.

I think the av cable you have has one video for camera input, one video and audio for aux video and audio input, and only one yellow video out no audio. I asked the about it and they said they could make the audio out work but they did not design it into there av cables.

bluer101 01-08-2009 06:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by J. Dub (Post 877726)
Heck yes this helps. Seems like lockpick is what I will be getting now thanks to your post. :thumbsup:

The only thing that does not work like factory VES is, you cannot turn off the factory VES output to the rear screens. Meanning that there will always be some souce outputted (what ever source you want) to the screens at all times that the MyGig is on. I founf this out because when I put a DVD in the MyGig, started to watch the movie on all the screens for a while, then switched over to FM, after a while switched back to the DVD and noticed it was further into the DVD than where I left off before the switch to FM. So to make the disk or DVD pause I always set the VES to output FM to the headphones. here is a photo of the MyGig Ves screen.:thumbsup:

seabearcaptain 01-09-2009 09:44 AM

Thanks!

Thanks guys, just both the Lockpick combo!

bluer101 01-10-2009 04:56 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by seabearcaptain (Post 880702)
Thanks guys, just both the Lockpick combo!

They also send a bag of Jelly Belly beans to eat while installing the lockpick because you should have it installed by the time you finish them.:rotflmao2:

J. Dub 01-10-2009 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by bluer101 (Post 882078)
They also send a bag of Jelly Belly beans to eat while installing the lockpick because you should have it installed by the time you finish them.:rotflmao2:

hahaha. Perfect.:clap: