Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Another iPhone uconnect question

Old 01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 08RubiUnlimited
Yes, it'll work, I have them both installed on mine. When you get the iPod cable, (82211853 is the right number for both of you). YOu'll see it plugs into the main power connector and the center connector where the mic is. You'll unplug both connectors from the radio, plug in the iPod cable, and then plug both connectors back into the female ends provided on the iPod cable. It's goes like this:

Main power -> iPod cable -> Radio
UConnect mic -> iPod cable -> Radio

Once you have it hooked up, plug in your iPod/iPhone, change to media mode, and you'll see an extra tab labeled iPod now available.

Let me know if you have any questions or need anymore info on this. I've done wayyy too much research on the subject.

Great. Thank you very much for the info. I just ordered it !!

Last edited by pcarpenter; 01-01-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 01-15-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

BUMP

I installed iPhone cable 82211853. Everything works fine with one exception. The iPhone won't charge. I get an error message stating "this accessory is not compatible with iPhone". However, it charged the first time I tested it. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: Another iPhone uconnect question