Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Another Uconnect thread...

Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Uconnect thread...

I have 2010 Sahara. I've been reading the forums trying to find out how to enable the uconnect or Bluetooth feature on my head unit. I understand you can purchase the MyGig Mic and enable the feature under the engineering options, but I'm not sure if I even have a MyGig unit. From what I understand, the MyGig came with a navigation system. What I have is just a standard 6-disc changer. Can anyone clarify if the MyGig Mic is all that I need to get this to work? Thanks!
Old 07-20-2012, 04:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

by the description of your radio, I'm going to guess that it's an "REQ" radio. Look on the lower right corner of the radio faceplate. There you'll see a 3 digit code. Am I correct? If not, then what si the 3 digit code?
If I am correct, then you'll want to look for the Mopar Uconnect kit. I believe the PN will be 82212159 (about $250). This is the module, mic, harness and instructions. There is also an option USB / iPod cable that you will want to get even if you don't plan on using an iPod. It will be needed for any future Uconnect SW updates. The PN for the cable is 82212160 and is usually around $35.
th einstall is straight forward and simple. After the installation, you'll need to go to the dealer to have them flash the vehicle for code "RSP" so that the CANBUS network will turn the Uconnect module on. This takes the dealer about 1/2 hr (actually less) but they'll try to charge you an hr. Tell them that your willing to pay 1/2 hr labor for it and stand your ground. You may want to call a couple dealers, some don't want to budge and others will.
Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by Turbotbird83
I have 2010 Sahara. I've been reading the forums trying to find out how to enable the uconnect or Bluetooth feature on my head unit. I understand you can purchase the MyGig Mic and enable the feature under the engineering options, but I'm not sure if I even have a MyGig unit. From what I understand, the MyGig came with a navigation system. What I have is just a standard 6-disc changer. Can anyone clarify if the MyGig Mic is all that I need to get this to work? Thanks!

Quick Reply: Another Uconnect thread...