Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows

Old 05-16-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by shappey2000
I've ordered the kit from A1 and is should be arriving soon. I had a few quick questions for you that I don't think were addressed yet.

Did you purchase the oem dash panel for the four switches? If so, did they fit perfectly without modification? Also, is there a cutout in the oem dash panel for the "on/off" switch that you have mounted below the others?
Sorry, I haven't been in the electrical forum for awhile and missed this.
The kit from A1 comes with the front four switches along with the on/off switch. They also provide a really good template to cut out the switch holes between the air ducts where the OEM ones would have gone. The kit is completely inclusive. It will look like a bloody mess of wires when you get it and you may think you'll never figure it out...but if you can wire up a stereo system you shouldn't have any problems...just dig in and follow the 'destructions' step by step
Old 05-17-2009, 10:51 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Great Thread - I Needed this info!

Wow! - Great Thread... Just what I need.. I was looking for this and had no idea who or where to turn to...
Thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just installed the A1electric kit, and I have to admit.. it was pretty easy!

I just wish it came with some extra spade connectors.

After installing aftermarket power locks, and power windows... the power windows were very easy. They only took abour 4-5 hours to install.

There is a thread here that will help you get the door panels off, I suggest taking a look at it. You have to manually cut out the little tabs that are on the inner door panel at the bottom to reach the window channel.

I'm not an expert, but if anyone has any questions, PM me.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

OH..

And if you aren't putting locks on at the same time..

NOTE:

When you remove the inner door panel, make sure, after releasing the top tab of the window channel, you DO NOT TRY TO ROLL THE WINDOW.

If you try and roll the window, to manipulate the channel when there is not tension on the channel wire.. it will cause the spool to unwind and get tangled, and you might as well go ahead and buy another one at the dealership. $65

I was installing locks first.. and accidently did this, and decided to go ahead and replace them with power windows instead of manual window channels from the dealership.
Old 07-02-2009, 01:48 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the switches look great!!! I have to say that I will not be adding anything to my doors that makes them weigh anymore. It is enough of a biatch for me to man handle them as they are. Plus I can reach both cranks real ez.

If I had a 4 door though.... I would want at least power rears. Cause there is no way to reach from the front. man... 4 doors.... power windows.... navigation..... oh jeep. please don't go IFS.
Old 07-05-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Super Freak

wow I like those switches better than the factory ones on my Jeep!!

kind of funny the OP has power windows but No Air-conditoning in that jeep hehe
-Christopher
Old 07-20-2009, 05:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
wow I like those switches better than the factory ones on my Jeep!!

kind of funny the OP has power windows but No Air-conditoning in that jeep hehe
-Christopher
I don't understand your comment
Old 07-20-2009, 06:09 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love my roll up windows. Spartan!
Old 07-20-2009, 11:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

So I just went car shopping for my friend and we stopped at the VW dealership. They showed us this cool feature of when you put the key in and turn it, it rolls down all the windows.

Is this kit programmed to do that or is that an option? Is there any aftermarket power windows that could do this?

I do like the look of this kit but I would get the factory switches for the front inbetween the air ducks to make it look for factory...
Old 07-20-2009, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmm ..automatic window roll-down on key start ... hmmm ... hope it has a winter-off fonction.

LOL .. run through blizzard to Jeep ..trying not to slip/fall/face-full-of-snow ... jump in .... fumble through thick winter coat to find keys ... cold but thankfully sheltered frm wind ..quickly start engine to get some heat!!! ...and ...the windows roll down!!!! %$&^*%$#

Quick Reply: For anyone intersted in aftermarket Power Windows