Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone try these JW Speaker LED headlights yet?

Old 09-27-2011, 06:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone try these JW Speaker LED headlights yet?

I've just come across these today.... Has anyone installed them yet? If you have, let's hear what you think... And some nighttime pics!!

Here is the link:

http://www.national4wd.com/?p=2463
Old 09-27-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

They are very cool! But $800 bucks just for your headlights seams a bit much to me.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

I didn't notice the price was for ONE!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Haha! U can do a lot with $800!
Old 09-27-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

A lot more important things than making your Jeep look like a transformer. LOL
Old 09-27-2011, 09:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Get the IPF H4s. They are cheap and I'm happy with them.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

There's quite a bit of information out there about these headlights, but unfortunately, the bulk of it is not on this forum. Probably the best on this forum is https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...-and-stock-JKs

A large part of the discussion has been driven by a light guru named Hilldweller (who is the major contributor to the thread above)- there are multiple threads by him on multiple forums that show beam patterns at night, along with actual photometry measurements, vs truck lite LEDS, vs cibie z beams, vs pretty much every popular type of headlight drop in replacements and a variety of bulbs...alll on a standardized testing area. It's worth looking up if you are serious about replacing your headlights!

Google search for: Hilldweller jw speaker

A pretty comprehensive thread is called "headlight shootout" and it is on another jeep forum

The summary, though, regarding the speakers: they are the best you will get by a long shot if you are looking for LEDs. They are also the most expensive option available, currently. They also are NOT a drop in replacement, especially if you have a 2012. In my opinion, however, they are the coolest option, and they make a HUGE difference vs stock.

Also, as a prior user of high output traditional bulbs in a variety of vehicles over the years, I can personally speak to the best point about LEDs like the speakers - you will never replace a bulb again! High output incandescent bulbs aren't cheap, and depending on how much you drive, they can get replaced a LOT - I went through a set every 6-12 months at $50+ a set. Oh...and I also got pulled over more than once for having a headlight out, but only got a ticket out of it once. If you ignore my bum luck, but remember to add the cost of replacing bulbs to whatever other conversion you pick up, the price difference between the speakers and other incandescent options is not all that great...especially if you shop around. Best price I have seen anyone report on the speakers is around $750 for the pair.

Quick Reply: Anyone try these JW Speaker LED headlights yet?