Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone use the Mopar Flat tow harness for a JK?

Old 09-28-2023, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone use the Mopar Flat tow harness for a JK?

My umbilical snagged and pulled all of the pins out of the Jeep side connector. Of course the wire color code doesn't match up to the wiring from the Jeep so I don't know how to re-pin it.

Hoping somebody uses this set up and could post a picture of the wires going into the connector so I can see the colors/positions. (Jeep side of the umbilical cord connecting truck to Jeep)

Thx!

Old 10-08-2023, 06:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hopefully this can help

Old 10-15-2023, 01:08 PM
JK Newbie

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dont have the pinout in front of me but an idea. When I did my 2009JK with this kit I actually mounted a new 7WAY RV plug in the grill and wired the JK stuff to it. Then on the whip I cut the cable off and wired on a new 7way RV plug. It will work either way (7way to 7way). and comes off when not in use easier than the snap plug that was on it. I was also able to leverage the battery connection to charge the JK also which comes in handy for our Brake Buddy.

Here is the diagram for the JL and I think its the same just can't find the JK harness manual.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/for...ns-pdf.460997/

Saw you posted on IRV about this also so maybe someone has the manual
Old 10-21-2023, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

When looking at the from of th plug. left to right with 3 pins on the top row and 2 on the bottom. So 1 to 3 left to right and below that is only 2 pins 4 to 5. Hope that makes sense.

I had to tone it out to make an extension that unplugged going to a 6-pin plug so i could use a 6-way to 7-way connector to my RV. Allows me to remove the baseplate when not in use. It's 4 bolts for the one that works with an AEV bumper. BTW, if anyone ever wants to extend this and need the other side of the plug and doesn't want to cut it off the 7-way cord, a 3rd gen ram taillight plug s it. Can get it from a repair kit.
  1. 12v Charging
  2. Left Turn Signal/ Stop Lights
  3. Right Turn Signal/ Stop Lights 12v Charging
  4. Ground
  5. Tail/ Running Lights

Quick Reply: Anyone use the Mopar Flat tow harness for a JK?