Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone using an Alpine PDX-5 Amp?

Old 09-17-2008, 05:06 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone using an Alpine PDX-5 Amp?

I am interested in getting one of these because they supposedly fit in the' stock Infinity Amp' location under the steering column...

I was just wondering if anyone else is using one of these?

If so:
* What are your initial thoughts of the Amp?
* How does it sound?
* What is your setup etc?
* Is it fitted in the stock amp location?
* Did you have any problems or have to do any mods to fit it in there?

Any other info or suggestions on this would be really appreciated as I think this is the way I'm going to be going.

Cheers,
M:-)
Old 09-17-2008, 06:49 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I came very close to buying one, but ended up not.

I'm not sure about being able to fit in the stock infinity location (you need to take into consideration the extra size of the cables protruding out, and you'll also need a rack to mount it there...), but it will fit perfectly right in between the driver's side seat rails.

I haven't heard anything but good things about the amp itself. For the form factor, it's very efficient, puts out great sound... and it has one of car audio's best names stamped on it...
Old 09-17-2008, 10:07 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am the one that suggested this amp in the nitro amp thread. I don't have one and have not seen one in a wrangler. the reason I suggested it is because its small footprint would make it an easy install and it would have plenty of power never getting hot. good luck. if you do it take pics and review it for us.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure I heard of someone on here that fitted one in the stock location..? Would be good to hear how it was done etc and what it sounds like:-)

Anyone?

If I go for it, I will post a review and pics for all to see...
M.

Quick Reply: Anyone using an Alpine PDX-5 Amp?