Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Anyone using a Bazooka tube or otherwise powered subwoofer?

Old 11-16-2007, 08:30 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recommend the Basslink I do...

Haven't had any experience with the Basslink II module though....(for those who don't know, it's a card that slides into the Basslink II that is a 4 channel amp that you can power your door speakers off of...so you'd have the Basslink sub, and an amp for your door speakers all in one package)

Factory HU is probably around 10-15 watts rms per channel.....I think.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got the Infinity Basslink and LOVE it
Old 01-28-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Newbie

i got 2 12" in a box that i got in box that can be quickly takin out and put in by 2 wires that on quick connect and i put the amp under the drivers set and i put it on top a a peice of woods so it wouldnt get wet it hits realy hard
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
JK Super Freak

can I use a bazooka tube with the factory head unit?

and pic request for sub under the front seat?
Old 03-05-2008, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have a 10" 300W powered subwoofer tube made by Fusion. It's cool, because it was only $97.00 at Fry's Electronics with the hookup wiring kit and all you need to install. But I like it best as it fits great right behind the seat and it has a flat bottom which I put velcro strips on to secure to carpet. When I wheel with the back seat out I move it forward and bungee it to the hold downs and it goes no where. I have been very impressed with it's sound and of course I keep it turned way down because it could be crazy loud if I wanted. The price just can't be beat. I picked this so I would not have to worry about someone stealing a sub that was $300 or something. Also, I had a 10" bazooka tube before that did not sound half as good as this does.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Super Freak

that thing is a beast!
Old 04-10-2008, 09:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not really....but I have been known to use a LAW on ocassion.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
JK Newbie

Thumbs up

i got the mopar kicker acessory sub its a 10 inch sqaure with a 200 watt amp the amp mounts under the steering column in the dash and the sub goes right behind the rear seat and simply unplugs and unhooks from the seat for easy removal i have pics in my project jk gallery
Old 05-16-2008, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Has anyone tryed the Basslink II?... Pics?... The mopar kicker it's kind of expensive...! But looks good!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Bazooka

Originally Posted by LidLess07X
I am looking for just a little more bass from my audio system. I have replaced the headunit and the four speakers and I am now considering one of those Bazooka tubes. Has anyone installed any of these and can share the results?
Also where did you mount it? I have a two door soft top that gets wet alot in the summer.
I have EL8A bazooka. I love it! It's an older version. I think it's a 6' and powered. It sure gives enough bass. Very crisp bass drum! I bought it on ebay for 50 bucks or so and had it installed at bestbuy for about $100 (parts and labor). The connecting harness got screwed up and I had to order a new one, but it's been awesome and it gives exactly what was missing before. It's even powerful enought without a top.

Quick Reply: Anyone using a Bazooka tube or otherwise powered subwoofer?