Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

ARB front bumper turn signals not working

Old 03-13-2012, 10:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ARB front bumper turn signals not working

Hey guys I finally got the chance to install my ARB front bumper this past weekend on the jeep and I must say it looks bad ass. The install did take longer then planned but when it came time to wire up the turn signals I hit a snag.

I followed the instructions (or lack of) provided in the install Manuel and also a few threads on this form which helped me to figure out which of the three flasher wires was responsible for the actual flashing.

Using the scotch locks provided I connected the yellow/black wore from the arb wire assembly to the outer most wire from the black wire in the stock turn signal (right hand side of the vehicle). Then from the arb turn signal to the arb wire assembly, black to black and solid yellow to the red.

Before wiring up the left hand side I connected my ground wire to an existing ground stud in the jeeps engine compartment an then my red to the battery. When I hit the turn signal nothing happened! I went over my connections making sure the scotch locks had made a proper connection and tried again and again was disappointed with no flash.

What did I do wrong????
I'll post some pics up as soon as I get a chance.
Thanks in advance for any help
Old 03-14-2012, 07:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anybody have any ideas?
Old 03-14-2012, 04:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hiker
This just dawned on me - I hate to ask, but are you sure the bulb is good? I didn't check mine yet when I assembled and installed the bumper, but I have worked on a project in the past where a bad bulb caused a lot of other troubleshooting...
Yup, checked it after it didn;t flash the first time and then tested it again with no success

The only thing done differently from the instructions was using the yellow wires from the kit on the right hand side and green wires on the left hand side which is vise versa the instructions. the reason for this is because the instructions are made for a right hand drive vehicle and not left hand drive vehicles. for the this reason you have to pass the wires as i did to enable them to reach the turn signals
Old 03-15-2012, 01:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Ya I'm going to re-check the wiring this weekend. And if all else fails il bring it to one of the local 4X4 shops
Old 03-16-2012, 04:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by The69yoshi
I would try turning on the left turn signal. There's no need to reverse the wires because it was made for RHD. Right turn signal is still right turn signal. I'm guessing you wired the left (vehicle) circuit to the right side turn signal. Just a guess.
I reversed the wiring not only because the instructions were for a RHD but also because the way the wire pack came cut and tapped they would not reach if I passed the as per the instructions. Regardless what side I passed were you still have to tap into your vehicles turn signal and wire that to the arb wire pack. So it should flash on the right side

Quick Reply: ARB front bumper turn signals not working