Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Awesome deals on Polk subs

Old 08-27-2011, 01:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome deals on Polk subs

BestBuy has Polk subs on clearance... Just picked up dxi 104dvc (10" 4omh dvc) for $45. Sweet :-)
Old 08-27-2011, 05:05 PM
JK Newbie

Nice. I outfitted my camaro with Polk. Threw out the Bose. Sounds good. I went for sound q in my JK. Focal.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Bigdog76
Nice. I outfitted my camaro with Polk. Threw out the Bose. Sounds good. I went for sound q in my JK. Focal.
Focal is awesome but find deals never pay full price
Old 08-27-2011, 06:32 PM
JK Freak

I've put polk 6.5" in the front, and alpines in the sound bar... not the sub and tweates and I'm done. ALmost :-) the speaker upgrades have definitely proven the stock infinity system is total Sh*t. I'm on line a justforjeeps right now ordering the 77Kick46 amp upgrade.

I really want to keep the stock head unit (for sirius and UConnect) so hope the new amp is enough to push the sound bar and the sub properly, b/c the Infinity system is way under powered for these.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Finally a polk audio thread! I want to buy polk for the sound bar, BUBBACON... have you check to see if your polk fit in the sound bar? If so what type are they?
Old 08-29-2011, 06:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by suprseb
Finally a polk audio thread! I want to buy polk for the sound bar, BUBBACON... have you check to see if your polk fit in the sound bar? If so what type are they?
Polks fit the sound bar perfect. I run polk DB651 coax. They come with an adaptor plate. Make sure you gasket both sides of plate.
Old 08-29-2011, 11:25 AM
JK Freak

Yes, polk 6.5's fit great. HOWEVER the power to the sound bar is crap the fronts sound 3000% better than the sound bar.... therefore my next mod s ripping out the infinity AMP and putting in the 77KICK45 amp upgrade.

Anyone else notice the anemic sound coming from the sound bar after a speaker upgrade (it's better than the stock infinity speakers, but still not what the potential is)... without upgrading the HU?
Old 08-29-2011, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Yea, ill try to do the same then! The infinity amp is under the steering right? Will you have anought room for a aftermarket?
Old 08-29-2011, 05:07 PM
JK Freak

Yea, ill try to do the same then! The infinity amp is under the steering right? Will you have anought room for a aftermarket?
Yes, the amp is under the steering column, behind the plate. The mopar/kicker amp upgrade is plug and play upgrade and fits same bracket. Ordered mine today from justforjeeps, should have it in 3 days. I'll do a install review w pics and sound assessment b/c lots on the board are interested but no one can really comment effectively on the impact of the upgrade.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:09 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Bubbacon

Yes, polk 6.5's fit great. HOWEVER the power to the sound bar is crap the fronts sound 3000% better than the sound bar.... therefore my next mod s ripping out the infinity AMP and putting in the 77KICK45 amp upgrade.

Anyone else notice the anemic sound coming from the sound bar after a speaker upgrade (it's better than the stock infinity speakers, but still not what the potential is)... without upgrading the HU?
The Polk 6.5 fit the soundbar great, but my Polk 10" sub doesn't fit the factory sub housing... Dohhhhh! More plastic trimming!

Quick Reply: Awesome deals on Polk subs