Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Backup Camera help

Old 06-21-2019, 12:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Backup Camera help

I don't know if anyone can answer this but here goes. I just installed an Ibeam backup camera on my jeep. The camera works fine but it's not showing the backup gridlines. I know there is a loop wire that needs to be cut for them to work. Does anyone know if it's the white loop wire? I don't want to cut the wrong one as I believe there is a loop wire to reverse the camera also. Ibeam Tech. support was no help, they just said I need to cut one of the loop wires but didn't know which one. I'd rather not guess on this then have to resplice.
Old 06-25-2019, 01:02 PM
JK Newbie

Just to update this thread if anyone decides to purchase this camera system, which was only $99.00 for the kit. It was the white loop wire that needed to be cut but you also have to cycle the key off then back on for the changes to take effect. I didn't initially do this when I cut the wire. Other than that this seems to be a very affordable kit with a good picture.
Old 06-26-2019, 11:02 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Which iBeam camera did you buy?

Just in case others with iBeam questions come across this thread, I have the:
BBBPLTC - comes with 4 LED backup lights and automatic parking lines (curve as you turn)

Because of height and angle issues when installed, the automatic camera generated lines are kinda wonky, so I tried to turn them off so I could use the adjustable lines on the head unit. Was told by iBeam tech support that there is no way to turn off the lines on this particular model. No switches, no programming, no wires to cut. They suggested pulling the camera and wiring and replacing it all if I wanted to use the lines from the head.

The other little idiosyncrasy with this camera is enabling video display when not in reverse. This is doable, but the LED's are on full-time in this case (only on while in reverse in normal mode). So now, if the engine is on, the backup lights are on. They give great visibility at night for reversing, but I don't know what people sitting behind me at stoplights might think about it.

Last edited by nthinuf; 06-26-2019 at 11:07 AM.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:57 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Ibeam TE-JPKT. I cannot control the lines with my head unit either. With the loop wire cut the lines are on in reverse and if I go into the camera icon on the screen while parked or driving forward. If I connect the loop wire the lines are off in every setting.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:58 AM
JK Newbie

Oh, and my lines do not curve when I'm backing up on an angle.

Quick Reply: Backup Camera help