Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which backup Camera should I buy and where?

Old 11-22-2009, 10:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which backup Camera should I buy and where?

Ordered my lockpick and wanted to put in a backup camera at the same time. Prices range from 30 to 120.

I couldn't figure out which model most people are using, so please let me know where you got it and paid.

Looking for good color and picture. The smaller the better also.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm looking to add a backup camera when I get my DNX8120 or 9140. I'm thnking of getting the one that has night vision for those late night adventures!!!

Boyo makes one thats got the night vision and it's waterproof for about $55 onine.
Old 11-22-2009, 12:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

The Boyo look nice, little big, but am thinking will put it in the trailer hitch. Just need to figure out how to install it inside it.

Thanks
Old 11-22-2009, 12:54 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Helios HV-BUC1 which I got because of its wide angle view, but you can't beat the value of a couple that are available on ebay.

Run a search for backup cameras, several members here recommend it and provide a listing number.
Old 11-22-2009, 06:00 PM
JK Newbie

I got one off of ebay recently and installed it in the bumper last week, make sure you get one that is ccd, weather proof and has night vision. I ordered a plain one first by mistake and am waiting for the new one to arrive.
Old 11-23-2009, 05:49 AM
MFX
JK Super Freak

I bought both my front and rear view cam from these guys Very well built and durable products and another member here bought from them as well and he was just as satisfied. Contact Miss Kerry and she'll be more than happy to help. I bought model DF-8088 which is a 1/4" sharp color CCD for front and rear view installation and the price was $29 USD each. PM me if you need more info

Quick Reply: Which backup Camera should I buy and where?