Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Baja Designs lp6

Old 07-15-2019, 06:34 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Baja Designs lp6

Anyone here try running the new baja designs lp6 or lp9 lights on their windshield mounts? IMO the lp9's are too massive to do so but the lp6's would look really nifty up there. Anyways, I'm asking because these lights have a peripheral lighting feature but I don't know if they'd be blinding me sitting up right in front of my windshield.
They could be designed just for front bumper usage but just curious to see if anyone here has tried them out on the windshield and how they ran.
Old 07-16-2019, 09:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

$427 for 1 light WTF... Sorry but I just don't get it

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/f...hoCpBkQAvD_BwE
Old 07-16-2019, 03:25 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Riptide9
$427 for 1 light WTF... Sorry but I just don't get it

https://www.northridge4x4.com/part/f...hoCpBkQAvD_BwE
It is VERY steep, but the quality is head and shoulders above the competition. I have a set of Baja Designs Fuego lights that were on my JK for years. They ultimately rusted. I sent them in and they completely refurbished them under warranty. They back their stuff and they do mean lifetime. They are also SUPER bright. The LP6 is also rebuildable, so if you ever have a rock damage it, it can be fixed.

I'm getting ready to order a set of these for the bumper on my JL. I've saved for awhile, but they will be the last aux lights I'll buy for that Jeep.

They do make a less expensive sport version, I think, with fewer features.
Old 07-17-2019, 07:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm glad your happy with them. I have just never understood the reasoning behind spending crazy money on lights, I mean it's...light lol. They are all providing the same led from either cree, osram , or slyvania. I do a lot of night time wheeling (at least twice a month) and have tons of light on my Jeep. 52inch, 21inch, LED headlights, 2 bumper spots, 2 a-piller spots, 4 roof rack floods, 2 flush mount rear bumper floods, 7inch rear rack flood, and 12 rock light pods. Thanks to Amazon the most expensive lightbar I have is my 800w 52inch ip68 80,000 lumen bar for a whopping $120 bucks, All of my other lights have been on my Jeep for the last 5 years without a single issue. I am all for spending where it makes sense like my 6.0 v8 swap or my custom built dana60's or 40" Cooper SST Pros, but it's just.... light. I probably have $500 total in all the lights on my rig which if I am being honest, it way overkill and rarely gets used. They look cool but unless your a Trophy Truck going 150pmh at night it's all for show and almost useless. The best and most functional light on my rig is my bumper mounted single row 21inch bar.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is just and example:

2 of those Baja Designs 8600 lumen lights for $900

Or two of these 10k lumen side shooter lights for $29
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G9YQCLG...d-e5e435a3ed81

The second one gives you more lumen and $871 bucks in cash also

Or if you like the round style here is a IP68 set 6inch round with DRl's for a whooping $69 bucks (you could buy 13 pairs of these for the same price lol)
https://www.amazon.com/AAIWA-Daytime...4&s=automotive

just my 2 cents

Last edited by Riptide9; 07-17-2019 at 01:03 PM.
Old 07-24-2019, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

I understand why people don’t want to shell out for Baja Designs. They are pricey but they are also built better, they’re fully submergible, have a better warranty and are easily serviceable. I went with the LP9’s recently and I’ve been absolutely blown away with the quality and light output. You can absolutely go with cheaper, I’ve done so many times. But in my experience when I buy cheap I just end up buying again later.

And as a side note, the Baja Designs LP9 Pro's (not sure about the LP6’s) come with a wire to splice into your DRL’s which gives you a rad looking backlight glow.

Old 09-10-2022, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Question

McFly?, Bueller? .. Anyone? ... please feel free to chime in of you can help with this question... The Baja Design LP6 lights have a High/Low function. The wiring harness has 2 separate leads, one for each function. My question is wether or not it would damage the light to run both circuits at the same time in an off road situation. I'm unclear as to how the lights actually function. Does switching from low to high turn off some LED's and Turn on others or does activation of the high circuit simply add additional LED's to the LED's already active in the low position? Does this make sense???
Old 08-23-2023, 02:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this is old but… I believe the instructions state not to power up both pins due to potential damage to the board.

Quick Reply: Baja Designs lp6