Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Which Battery

Old 04-28-2013, 02:56 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Die Hard Platinum here. Easier to get warranty service since Sears is everywhere. I also like that they come with the auxiliary posts and wingnuts.

Old 04-28-2013, 09:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rednroll
The Die-Hard platinum is made by EnerSys, who is also the maker of the Odyssey batteries. The Die-Hard Platinums are the same specs as the Odyssey batteries, so most believe the Die-Hard platinum is just a rebranded Odyssey at a cheaper price.
I got tired of all the internet rumors about this and emailed Odyssey about the DHP. They CONFIRMED that it is the same battery. Naturally, I picked one up the next morning as my stock battery bit the dust. I have been VERY happy with it so far.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:00 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks for all of the replies. I am going with the Sears DIe Hard

Thanks again,
Tim
Old 04-29-2013, 05:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Macman1138
I had read that the Optima and the DieHard were made by Johnson Controls.
I use the DieHard platinum.

You read wrong. Sears DieHard Platinum as well as the Odyssey are both manufactured by EnerSys. Corp. The optima line is manufactured by Johnson Controls.
EnerSys Home
EnerSys Signs Multi-Year Contract to Provide Sears Holdings With Long-Life DieHard(R) Platinum Batteries
Old 04-29-2013, 05:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by The Green Monster
I got tired of all the internet rumors about this and emailed Odyssey about the DHP. They CONFIRMED that it is the same battery. Naturally, I picked one up the next morning as my stock battery bit the dust. I have been VERY happy with it so far.
Well one could say it is the same battery since they are both manufactured by EnerSys Corp, and the specs are the same, however they are branded a bit different. The one is branded as Odyssey, the other is branded as Sears DieHard Platinum.
This is not rumor. Please see my above post, and follow the Hypertext. You will see for yourself.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Lorrel
Well one could say it is the same battery since they are both manufactured by EnerSys Corp, and the specs are the same, however they are branded a bit different. The one is branded as Odyssey, the other is branded as Sears DieHard Platinum.
This is not rumor. Please see my above post, and follow the Hypertext. You will see for yourself.
The "rumor" I was speaking of was more speculation on various forums when I was looking into the DHP several months ago. It was late when I posted and my brain had already shut off LOL. I thought emailing them and getting the info from the horse's mouth was the best way to go. Thanks for the info btw.
Old 05-02-2013, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

I was able to get the Sears Die Hard Platinum Battery for $179! The warranty is only 48 months no question replacement, 100 month prorated.

Tim
Old 05-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Super Moderator

Received 207 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by TWGeary
I was able to get the Sears Die Hard Platinum Battery for $179! The warranty is only 48 months no question replacement, 100 month prorated.

Tim
When I got mine, that was the price. It was $189 for the Die-Hard Platinum "Marine" which is what I got. You won't be disappointed. Best value on the market IMHO.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Rednroll

When I got mine, that was the price. It was $189 for the Die-Hard Platinum "Marine" which is what I got. You won't be disappointed. Best value on the market IMHO.
I agree! Sears Die Hard is the best.
Old 05-03-2013, 08:36 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

X2 on the Optima yellowtop. Mine has been great.
I have heard that the Yellow Tops were good.
They are made by the same company as the Die Hard, Johnson Controls.

Quick Reply: Which Battery