Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best off road lights

Old 07-09-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

some great responses on here. Ill chime in. I have a set of the lightforce 240s, they are the big boys of the halogen world. They actually use the same bulb as the 170s, but because the lens is so much bigger it really pushes the light down the road and gives me a much larger beam pattern. i run the combo filter on the front and truthfully, i dont know why you would ever need more light then this. Im getting ready to upgrade them to HID, which should blow pretty much everything on the market out of the water from what i have herd, 1 pair of HID 240s = 4 pairs of halogen 240s But go with what fits your bill and what type of driving you will be doing. A long light beam isnt going to help you in the forest.
Old 07-09-2008, 11:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mrsig
Well for me I love my Piaa Yellow Ion Fog Lights to cut though the rain and fog we have in Florida. And for more light off road My KC Slim Lights with Windshield Mount work great for me!

I like the look of the KC windshield mount. Do you get any glare back in the cab from the hood from them? Did you install with a switch or are they hooked up to the highbeams?

Also I notice you are driving 33";s with 410 gears. How are the MPG's? Are you happy with acceleration?
Old 07-09-2008, 02:02 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HITMONEY
visionxoffroad.com/products/led/XMITTERBAR/

no joke.
bling!

Old 07-10-2008, 05:44 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have been looking at the Baja Designs lights and they look pretty nice, and have lots of options so you can get what will work best for you.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool

I just installed one of the Delta Grill Light Bars and I love it! Not too pricey, and it is excellent on/off road! Quadratec has them...

They are very well made, a bit of a pain to install, but well worth it!
Old 07-10-2008, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by obxjeep
I just installed one of the Delta Grill Light Bars and I love it! Not too pricey, and it is excellent on/off road! Quadratec has them...

They are very well made, a bit of a pain to install, but well worth it!
I already have the bumper space used up by my lightforces, but I like the look of them up on the hood as pictured on quadratec. I think its the same lights?

Do you think you could get some pics of these lights in action when you have time. A comparison of what you can see with just the stock lights on then with the bar on would be helpful.

Last edited by kuba; 07-10-2008 at 04:31 PM.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:05 PM
JK Junkie

My pick is the Lightforce light. It can be used for offroad or hwy driving. You can adjust the beam by twisting the lense or changing the cover. I love mine. My buddys run the Baja 1000 and they all love them and run them. In the last couple years they have only had one Lightforce light break and this was due to a HUGE rock.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'd give Daniel Stern a call and see what he thinks. He'll be able to tell you some good ones based on true tests, and not opinions.

I myself have Lightforce 170's, and while they seem bright and have worked fine since the tail end of '06 when I installed them I really don't think they have a great beam pattern regardless of how they're adjusted.

Since I haven't compared them to any of the quality lights I can't really say if they're that good. But, they are certainly better than any of the other cheap 55w H3 or Mr16 type lights that I tried years ago when testing them for a quad. Granted, at 100w each they should be.
Old 07-10-2008, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kntr
My pick is the Lightforce light. It can be used for offroad or hwy driving. .
Maybe if you're the only person on the highway... When I drive behind my friends and turn my pair on, they literally stop in the middle of the road because they are blinded so badly. One time some dude cut me off and I gave him the lights....He got off the road...
Old 07-10-2008, 06:46 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kuba
Maybe if you're the only person on the highway... When I drive behind my friends and turn my pair on, they literally stop in the middle of the road because they are blinded so badly. One time some dude cut me off and I gave him the lights....He got off the road...
Hahaha, I meant when no one else is coming at you.

They work for long range fast driving and can be used for slow offroad driving. I just turn the lights and make the light wider for slow driving. Then on the hwy I turn them and make them a little smaller so they go down the road further.

I had a guy infront of me one time and he was going 45 mph on the hwy and swerving. I think he was drunk. Anyway, I pulled up behind him and hit the lights. He pulled over on the side of the road and stopped. I think he thought I was a cop. It was pretty funny though.

Quick Reply: Best off road lights