Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best off road lights

Old 07-11-2008, 02:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

X2 for that. always look forward to someone having their brights on coming at me. Usually i flicker my regular high beams at first, but if they don't do anything about it....out comes the sun. LOL, there is nothing funnier then seeing the entire inside of someones car light up to the point where you can see what color clothes they are wearing and also watch them put their hand up in front of their face...priceless i tell ya
Old 07-11-2008, 05:43 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kuba
Maybe if you're the only person on the highway... When I drive behind my friends and turn my pair on, they literally stop in the middle of the road because they are blinded so badly. One time some dude cut me off and I gave him the lights....He got off the road...
Around here as long as you are not running more than 4 lights at a time you are ok. I plan on replacing the stock foggers with a HID flood light tied into the stock wiring, and adding HID driving and spot beams, and tying them into the high beams, both with switches so off road they can be operated independently of the stock lights And I do plan on using these on teh highway when I am on long stretches of dark road especially in areas with heavy dear populations. When I lived in Montana I jave seen too many bad things happen when people don't have enough lights to see.

Coming down Evaro hill on the way back to Missoula after going to Glacier Park I have seen people hit moose before, and even horses because they just couldn't see them, and when you hit somthing that tall they usually come right through the windsheild.
Old 07-12-2008, 06:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

lightforces are hit stuff. I have 5 of them.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kuba
I already have the bumper space used up by my lightforces, but I like the look of them up on the hood as pictured on quadratec. I think its the same lights?

Do you think you could get some pics of these lights in action when you have time. A comparison of what you can see with just the stock lights on then with the bar on would be helpful.
I'm almost positive they are the same bulbs. I'm looking into the hood mount my self can't pull the trigger on it though would like to see how bright they are before I purchase them ANYBODY GOT SOME PICS OF THEM AT NIGHT

Quick Reply: Best off road lights