Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Best Replacement HID Headlight Bulb

Old 04-08-2016, 08:39 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best Replacement HID Headlight Bulb

Wanted to ask the simple question of whats the best HID replacement bulb for a stock headlight set up
Old 04-13-2016, 02:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Jayara8985
Wanted to ask the simple question of whats the best HID replacement bulb for a stock headlight set up
None, they are absolutely horrible in the stock headlight housing. I would advise against it strongly.
Old 04-13-2016, 03:47 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kojack
None, they are absolutely horrible in the stock headlight housing. I would advise against it strongly.
Appreciate the feedback! Haven't had any buzz on the question so didn't have anything to go by. Any suggestions on a new headlight set that you recommend Kojack?
Old 04-14-2016, 07:45 AM
JK Newbie

Default leds for stock head lamps on wrangler 2013

Originally Posted by Jayara8985
I put Led replacements in my 2013 rubi, and they work great, used stock head lamps just replaced bulbs. I also did the fog lights with 80 lumen bulbs great results. Bought them from Alli Express along with two light bars from them as well (20" 120 watt led bar ~$49 to my door
beats paying $300 and the fixture is solid aluminum instead sheet metal supports comes with all the wiring as well!!
hope this helped,
Happy Trails!!
Old 04-14-2016, 07:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sport68
I put Led replacements in my 2013 rubi, and they work great, used stock head lamps just replaced bulbs. I also did the fog lights with 80 lumen bulbs great results. Bought them from Alli Express along with two light bars from them as well (20" 120 watt led bar ~$49 to my door beats paying $300 and the fixture is solid aluminum instead sheet metal supports comes with all the wiring as well!! hope this helped, Happy Trails!!
I'm looking at LED lamps for my 2015. What lamps (brand) did you go with?
Old 04-14-2016, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sport68
I put Led replacements in my 2013 rubi, and they work great, used stock head lamps just replaced bulbs. I also did the fog lights with 80 lumen bulbs great results. Bought them from Alli Express along with two light bars from them as well (20" 120 watt led bar ~$49 to my door beats paying $300 and the fixture is solid aluminum instead sheet metal supports comes with all the wiring as well!! hope this helped, Happy Trails!!
can I get a link those?
Old 04-15-2016, 03:42 AM
JK Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Truck Lites for LED all the way. If you want a great light, but keep halogen, go with the Hella super 7, 55/100w H4 hella bulbs and wiring harness from rallylights.com.
Old 04-15-2016, 12:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Kellen
can I get a link those?
You know these LED H13 or H4 headlamp replacement "bulbs" are generally frowned-upon when used in a reflector housing made for halogen lights.

Aliexpress is where you buy mass-market OEM-type wholesale goods from Chinese manufacturers. FYI. You can get the same parts with someone else's brand name on them and perhaps with things like phone support, different packaging, and US warehouse supply from vendors on Amazon. FYI.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Former Vendor

For those looking for an LED upgrade kit. I sell a 6,000 lumen (6,500k temperature) LED Conversion kit. It's the best on the market right now. Bulbs/ballasts can be submerged in water (i have a video of them submerged in water and even frozen in a block of ice and they still function).

I have them on my F-150, they look great. I put them on a co-workers JK tonight. They don't look AS GOOD on the JK because... well you guys know, the stock headlights on the JK are just awfull... but hey it's a bit of an upgrade.

They are not cheap (by that I mean they are not cheap $50 bulbs) as they are a real LED Conversion kit. Similar to how an HID kit works, only you don't need to connect these to your battery, since they use less power.

If you want to do it right. Get yourself a projection style housing for these lights... but if you want to do the upgrade in phases, they work good.

Unlike a lot of bulbs on the market, they have a built in beam director on the low beam portion of the bulb, to help with the cut-off a bit. They are also adjustable so you can rotate the bulbs from the socket (which you need to do for the JK's, out of the box they'll be sideways).

PM me if you need info on them or just head over to my site and go to the LED Headlights & Fog Lights link.

The 3,000 lumen kit are mainly for fog lights, as they come with different temperature filters. The 6,000 lumen are best for the headlights.

Quick Reply: Best Replacement HID Headlight Bulb