Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Brightest Headlight replacements

Old 12-04-2016, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brightest Headlight replacements

Hey all,

Looking for the brightest headlights for my JK. I have the first gen truck lites. No road lights where I live so the brighter the better!

Thanks.
Old 12-04-2016, 08:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

I LOVE my Quadratec stealth LEDS. My buddy has the J spec JW speakers and says my lights are brighter. Whichever you buy, invest in the horizontal adjustment screws from jeep. They make a world of difference in getting your lights dialed it.
Old 12-05-2016, 04:57 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the JW EVO Js. Bright, good cut-off, but waiting to see what happens with snow build up (installed in spring so now snow accuulation to challenge the lights yet).
Old 12-06-2016, 06:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

3 weeks ago I moved from 2nd gen Trucklites ( the ones most people got with the vertical half split for high/low, not the real 1st gen with the forward facing cluster of LEDS) to the KC Hilites Gravity Pros ( the projector one). Really good light and cutoff on low, and high seemed on par with the trucklites
The "DRL" support is actually that it supports the OEM DRL settings so if you have a programmer like a Procal you can activate the OEM DRL settings and the 1/2 power settings for hi/low/euro will work with it.
Northridge was having sales on the KCHiliteGravityPros, not sure if still going - thats how I got mine (disclaimer: my Trucklites were won from Northridge in 2012 so infer bias on seller as needed.)
Old 12-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by rubiman
Hey all,

Looking for the brightest headlights for my JK. I have the first gen truck lites. No road lights where I live so the brighter the better!

Thanks.
Check out our EVO II led headlights. They are brighter than both the JW and Truckite and offer some cool DRL options. Use discount code "40off" to take 40% off for a short time. We also have them in stock and ready to ship.

Old 12-09-2016, 09:46 AM
JK Newbie

I like my JW's so far as compared to the stock lights. What is all the talk about when it snows?
Old 01-10-2017, 12:10 PM
JK Freak

LEDs don't run 'hot' and thus don't melt snow accumulations while driving. Some MFGs are adding heating elements to the lens to combat the issue.
Old 01-10-2017, 04:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

I can confirm the EVO's from inspired engineering are extremely bright and well worth it.
Old 01-11-2017, 12:02 PM
Former Vendor

Our XHP50 Series LED's are EXTREMELY popular. $135 gets you a pair (10% off using coupon code JKFORUM as well, so even less). They are direct plug and play. You MAY need some CANbus adapters (available on our site also) as well. I've seen one JK need them as the lights flickered ever so slightly. But they are a big improvement over stock and you don't break the bank.

We also jave the famous JW speaker lights available AND Diode Dynamics has a replacement LED housing as well (just like the JW) only a bit cheaper.

However the LED kits we sell are top of the line and very popular:

XHP Series (6000 Lumen) CREE LED Headlight Conversion Kit - 4x4TruckLEDs.com
Old 01-16-2017, 04:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fitti6
I like my JW's so far as compared to the stock lights. What is all the talk about when it snows?
if you live in a snowey area take that into consideration, last I knew trucklites were the only one with a heating element in the lite that goes on automaticly below 50 degrees, this is the route I will be going eventualy

Quick Reply: Brightest Headlight replacements