Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Bypass Kit?

Old 04-20-2007, 07:02 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bypass Kit?

Anyone installed a bypass kit for a remote start yet? What model did you use? I got a PKU-CH2 model (recommended by the alarm supplier) but it would not program to the vehicle. The instructions do not include timings for the various stages, so I'll list what I did here.

1) Open drivers door, hold open with foot.
2) Insert first key. Turn ignition to "ON" (NOT START!). Wait 3 to 5 seconds for security light to go out. Turn off and remove key.
3) Within 10 seconds, insert second key and turn to ON. (door chime ceases after about 5 seconds.) Wait upwards of 20 seconds for security light to begin flashing. Turn off and remove key. Jeep is now in program mode.
4) (Perform these steps in less than 60 seconds) Power up bypass module. Hold module up close to the ignition switch. Insert blank (non chipped key) and turn to "ON". Security light will begin flashing. Continue to wait. A single chime will sound indicating the jeep is in the "program key" mode. This delay from on, light flashing, chime, light flashing will take around 30 seconds.

At this point, the jeep is supposed to program the chip as indicated by the light going on solid, then turning off. I waited up to 2 minutes after the chime and never received the program confirmation. (the security light continued to flash the whole time)

I repeated those steps 5 times and had the same results every time. (Isn't that a sign of insanity, repeating behaviour and expecting different results? Nah, I'm not crazy. Jocrazy!) So I sent the module back to the supplier.

So, anybody have any luck with an aftermarket bypass kit yet?
Old 08-23-2007, 04:01 PM
JK Freak

PKU-CH2GX is what was recommended to me. www.bypasskit.com will have the pdf installation manuals for all their bypass's i think that the PKU-CH2GX does the 2nd accessory wire and all through the data wire.
Old 05-03-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Los Angeles, California, United States, United States

in the compatibility chart it says not compatible with 2008? i have a 2009 and need a bypass module any suggestions?
Old 05-03-2009, 11:26 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

According to Albert Einstein...yep totally insane

I tried programming my new keys the same way....like it says in the owners manual.

Bubcuss!!!

Originally Posted by jocrazy0
Anyone installed a bypass kit for a remote start yet? What model did you use? I got a PKU-CH2 model (recommended by the alarm supplier) but it would not program to the vehicle. The instructions do not include timings for the various stages, so I'll list what I did here.

1) Open drivers door, hold open with foot.
2) Insert first key. Turn ignition to "ON" (NOT START!). Wait 3 to 5 seconds for security light to go out. Turn off and remove key.
3) Within 10 seconds, insert second key and turn to ON. (door chime ceases after about 5 seconds.) Wait upwards of 20 seconds for security light to begin flashing. Turn off and remove key. Jeep is now in program mode.
4) (Perform these steps in less than 60 seconds) Power up bypass module. Hold module up close to the ignition switch. Insert blank (non chipped key) and turn to "ON". Security light will begin flashing. Continue to wait. A single chime will sound indicating the jeep is in the "program key" mode. This delay from on, light flashing, chime, light flashing will take around 30 seconds.

At this point, the jeep is supposed to program the chip as indicated by the light going on solid, then turning off. I waited up to 2 minutes after the chime and never received the program confirmation. (the security light continued to flash the whole time)

I repeated those steps 5 times and had the same results every time. (Isn't that a sign of insanity, repeating behaviour and expecting different results? Nah, I'm not crazy. Jocrazy!) So I sent the module back to the supplier.

So, anybody have any luck with an aftermarket bypass kit yet?
Old 05-04-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Freak

Id recommend checking out Flash Logic or Idatalink if you can get it programmed to your vehicle.

One thing after re-reading the original post the author says he powered up the bypass module for the final step, you should power up the vehicles ignition not the bypass while holding it next to the cylinder...

Quick Reply: Bypass Kit?