Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cigarette lighter problem

Old 04-25-2008, 10:09 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VAGentleman
I know, I know quit smoking. its hard though. I will one day. I will investigate which fuse it is in the manuel this weekend. If that is not it I will keep you all posted. Thanks.
Go See Mr. Doctor about some Chantix. Lots of people have been saying how great it works, so it's probably worth a shot.

(It's basically a drug that gives you enough effects of nicotine that you wont really have as many cravings for a cigarette.... but, if you do have a craving for a cigarette, you wont get the same effects, since the drug is already at the nicotine receptors in teh brain....)
Old 04-25-2008, 10:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

gave my secretary stomach problems, head aches and lots of other issues. just going cold turkey when I'm ready. if you are not ready to quit you won't quit.
Old 04-25-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

gave my secretary stomach problems, head aches and lots of other issues. just going cold turkey when I'm ready. if you are not ready to quit you won't quit.
That's true... but everybody is different too! Might be worth a shot eventually.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:35 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chantix is the bomb ! I smoked for 33 years and quit ! It was easy too. The shit really works. I never thought I would ever be able to do it. Just get some and eat it ! You still get to smoke and in a week you wont want to because they taste like ass ! Hell I didn't even want to kill everyone.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

So does anyone have anymore advice to offer on my lighter/fuse problem as opposed to my smoking habit. I appreciate the concern and suggestions but I am just not ready to quit yet.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:42 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by pkdailey4
Chantix is the bomb ! I smoked for 33 years and quit ! It was easy too. The shit really works. I never thought I would ever be able to do it. Just get some and eat it ! You still get to smoke and in a week you wont want to because they taste like ass ! Hell I didn't even want to kill everyone.
Another happy customer! I know I'm hijacking this thread, but hey, why not keep you alive a little longer! My Girlfriend works as a radiation therapist and can't stand smokers (As she sees what people have to go through!).

I personally work in a pharmacy. I've seen a couple dozen people come in with prescriptions for it, and every time they're skeptical, asking me if I've heard anything about it working or not. I just tell them all give it a shot and let me know!

Sometimes I catch the same people getting their maintenance pack refill, telling me how well it worked for them. A few people have come back and said it hasn't worked, but you have to wonder if they used it correctly or not, or if they gave it a chance.

Granted, I'm sure quitting smoking isn't easy, and I know there's a lot of people out there who have unsuccessfully tried (even with chantix), but if you put your mind to it, you can quit. Chantix just makes it a little easier.

Plus... think of all the money you can save!!!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:43 AM
JK Junkie

So does anyone have anymore advice to offer on my lighter/fuse problem as opposed to my smoking habit. I appreciate the concern and suggestions but I am just not ready to quit yet.

Sorry.... I'm still sticking with fuse.

Have you tapped into the wires at all for accessories??? Maybe a wire broke???

Is everything else working fine too?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:50 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can I have your Jeep when you die ?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Ya..............Quit smoking !
X2. And quit throwing your butts out of the window when I have my doors off and top down.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Super Freak

Can I have your Jeep when you die ?
No - I want it. Let's have a throat cancer auction.

Quick Reply: Cigarette lighter problem