Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cigarette lighter problem

Old 04-25-2008, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys are really funny. I use a can or ash try for butts, there are plenty of family members that come before you at my graveside and no I have not taped into any electrical. I have a CB but I straight wired it to the battery.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Super Freak

ahhhh, smoking's not that bad, if you need a snorkle kit for your larynx stoma (neck hole) let me know, maybe we can group buy

Edit: oh god, they make actually make one called the LARKEL, that's it I'm quitting

Last edited by mjolnir; 04-25-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by VAGentleman
I know, I know quit smoking. its hard though. I will one day. I will investigate which fuse it is in the manuel this weekend. If that is not it I will keep you all posted. Thanks.
ya sounds like a fuse to me too, 9 times out of 10 thats all it is. And if you have a cheap after market cig lighter it can be internally shorted or causes shorts intermittently if there is loose connections inside. The fuse box is in the engine compartment on the right side in front of the battery. If you take the lid off the fuse box (its hinged but it still pops off the hinges). On the bottom side of the lid there is a table and map that tells you what the fuse is and where its located in the fuse block. Make sure you are checking the right fuse sometimes that fuse diagram can be confusing to read. That should help you find the fuse. Goodluck
Old 04-25-2008, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have also been looking at a magnaflow set up to handle my gas problem. LOL
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks GoKracer. I appreciate the info. I plan to investigate this this weekend.
Old 04-25-2008, 12:33 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep.... gotta be a fuse. I know you can get a replacement Mopar lighter for about $12 or the whole smoker's kit (with ashtray) for about 20...
Old 04-25-2008, 12:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you guys done having fun with me. No hard feelings. you should the greif I get from my wife.
Old 04-25-2008, 05:42 PM
JK Freak

Wow, simma down non-smoking nazis and step off the soap box.
I'm sure you all are not angels that do nothing that would put your health in harms way.
Old 08-07-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Newbie

Default same thing with me

i have the same problem, expect my left outlet NEVER worked whether the car is on or not. i checked all the fuses in the manual (m6, m7 and m36) but they're fine.

Check those fuses first. Hey, at least you got to use yours a little bit!
Old 08-08-2008, 02:13 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by defkon
Wow, simma down non-smoking nazis and step off the soap box.
I'm sure you all are not angels that do nothing that would put your health in harms way.
Wanna bet?

I've been there. Quitting smoking is all about one thing... telling yourself that you don't like being controlled. It's true it takes will power to quit, but I think it takes a very, very weak willed person to allow themselves to be controlled by something that they KNOW is destined to kill them.

A few good shots of some smoker lungs is all it took for me. It ain't pretty that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Cigarette lighter problem