Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Code 3 Night Probe

Old 03-11-2009, 05:33 PM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 3 Night Probe

I have a Night Probe light made by Code 3 (code3pse.com). I used to have it on my truck and love it. Now I want to install it on my 07 JK Unlimited I just don't know where.

I'm looking for suggestions. Fire away!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Code3NightProbe.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	11.9 KB
ID:	20562  
Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 AM
JK Newbie

Default Couple of Questions...

Are you planning on running one or two lights?

Are you running with stock bumpers or aftermarket?

I was thinking (mostly because of the dimensions) if you were running one, maybe the passenger side by the windshield near the radio antenna. If you were running 2 with stock bumpers, I would think down on the bumper near the grill. I would mount them with enough clearance to have them fold down and face the grill to avoid wind trying to lift the light into the upsright position.

Can these lights run without any other control boxes?

Can they be linked, i.e. two lights from the same rotation control?

The last 2 questions were just for me. I'm looking for lights and I like these.
Old 03-12-2009, 06:13 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Default Answers...

I'll only be running one light. I use it for searching for things at night and it took a bit to get used to moving the light around smoothly. I can't imagine trying to move two of them and drive at the same time. Might as well have a DVD playing and talk on the cell at the same time.

I'm running stock bumbers now but I'm planning on having something after market by the end of the year. I haven't decided on a model for the front yet.

Your thought of down on the bumper is sort of where I was going. My ideal front bumber would be a shorty that would allow me to run my front fogs, a pair of driving lights, and a winch. I'm just not sure I'll be able to squeeze anything more on it.

The lights can be run on there own. There is a remote lead that you mount in the cab to control the on/off and horizontal/vertical movement.

The lights are a little spendy but at the time I bought it (2004 I think) I wasn't able to find any other light on the market that provided a low profile (4" when not in use), 360 horizontal rotation, and remote control.

I got the idea from an article in one of the off road magazines were someone built an H1 for the border patrol. they had one of these lights on each corner of the roof rack and all 4 occupants could remotely control their own light while driving through the desert in the middle of the night looking for illegals. That just sounded cool to me.

Last edited by OhhSeven; 03-12-2009 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM
JK Super Freak

<Beavis>

Huh, huh. He said "night probe." Huh, huh, huh.

</Beavis>
Old 03-12-2009, 02:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sixt7gt350
<Beavis>

Huh, huh. He said "night probe." Huh, huh, huh.

</Beavis>
heeheeheeheheheeehe! ya! night probe!!! ya!! heheeheeehe ya!

Quick Reply: Code 3 Night Probe