Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Convert jk headlights to sealed beam

Old 12-02-2014, 02:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
The "bright spot" is tiny and difficult to find. But it is why at least one "lighting expert" on another forum recommends against the IPFs. Stand in front of your Jeep about two or three feet. Look straight at the light dead on centerline of the assembly. Move your head up and down until you find the bright bar across the lens center. It is small but obvious. Supposedly that tiny sliver of light can blind oncoming traffic, and reduce visibility in fog. Other than seeing it when looking for it, it has never been a problem for me. And that oncoming traffic would have to be a semi about three feet from my front bumper. The last thing I'm worried about is blinding him at that point!
I had the IPFs for a while. Definitely better than the stock lamps. But the glare from the bright spot you mentioned was terrible in the fog. I'm right on the coast so the occasional fog is pretty thick. I also noticed it a lot on heavily tree-lined roads, especially when wet or snow-covered. I gave up on them and went with the Cibies. The cutoff is amazingly sharp and the beam pattern is much better, too.
Old 12-29-2014, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are Cibies for $41.78 each on Amazon, and KC adapters for less than $20 for a pair, & great prices on bulbs to. I just ordered the whole set.

Quick Reply: Convert jk headlights to sealed beam