Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Headlights

Old 06-10-2008, 06:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok,, so those who have these cool chevy headlights,, the big question,, if using decent h-4 bulbs, not hid's or anything fancy,, how is the light pattern? Is it good, would you compair it to the Cibie headlights, or the delta's?? I'm thinking of these and using the cool little turn signal thing to be a DRL instead of a turn signal..
Old 06-23-2008, 07:00 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Cruiser
Ok,, so those who have these cool chevy headlights,, the big question,, if using decent h-4 bulbs, not hid's or anything fancy,, how is the light pattern? Is it good, would you compair it to the Cibie headlights, or the delta's?? I'm thinking of these and using the cool little turn signal thing to be a DRL instead of a turn signal..
X2 any new info on this
Old 06-23-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yea... I guess I should quit being lazy and take light pattern photos.

After seeing the output of the fogs I put in the turn signal holes, I am thinking about reverting back to the stock set-up and getting Cibie's.

I will let you all be the judge this weekend.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default I'm bipolar

Well I have given up on trying to use these headlights. At first I was obsessed with them, and then it seemed like:
  1. The light quality got worse compared to stock;
  2. Even though I had them checked at a Inspection place and are legal, people told me they had a hard time seeing when the blinker was on;
  3. The blinker speed was twice as fast, which could annoy someone who doesn't play their music as loud as possible like me;
  4. I cut up the $200 (dealer quote) plastic front grill to get the fog lights in place of the turn signals, which I now can't put back in the old ones;
  5. It was nearly impossible to adjust those lights at the same level so they didn't blind anyone;
  6. And I am now disappointed with everything, and want to go back to stock
They aren't terrible, I just think it would be better to change the stock headlights out with CIBIEs. So once I buy a new grill and turn signals, I will probably attempt to sell the headlights. If anyone wants them after that review.
Old 07-06-2008, 11:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

I plan on having something similar to this.

[/QUOTE

Did you ever get the turn signals mounted in your grill yet if not I have a few suggestions that may help you out with a wonderful idea. Me having a chopper and not having any turn signals with it still being legal.... have you thought about something like the autogems power LED lights you can get a pair from J&P cycles for about $71.00 a pair I know you can find em cheaper but they are the first thing that comes to mind They are like the tail light lighted bulbs but are 1" in diameter and have 12 LED's in them and are 12volts. Just an Idea part no. 320-237

Last edited by Mutts08JK; 07-06-2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old 07-06-2008, 09:23 PM
***erator

I love these. Not bad for $175. If anyone gets these do a write up on the instal with pics!!
Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Mutts08JK
I plan on having something similar to this.

Did you ever get the turn signals mounted in your grill yet if not I have a few suggestions that may help you out with a wonderful idea. Me having a chopper and not having any turn signals with it still being legal.... have you thought about something like the autogems power LED lights you can get a pair from J&P cycles for about $71.00 a pair I know you can find em cheaper but they are the first thing that comes to mind They are like the tail light lighted bulbs but are 1" in diameter and have 12 LED's in them and are 12volts. Just an Idea part no. 320-237

Sorry Mutts, just saw your post. Yes, I got them mounted. Here's an updated pic......
Old 09-03-2008, 09:34 PM
JK Freak

I wouldn't mind doing that but having the clear lens/led that activates as orange.

Still, something different. Bumper looks nice and clean!

Quick Reply: Cool Headlights