Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Cool Tech UltraMount, thumbs up!

Old 02-08-2008, 11:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cool Tech UltraMount, thumbs up!

I just got done doing the install, followed the instructions to the T and all went very smooth, probably about an hour job for the plate mount from start to finish. This is a very nice mount and with the new style connector no soldering is required. I chose to go with the Firestick quick disconnect for I can park the jeep in the garage when needed. Nice instructions, nice product. I going to use some black rtv to seal the gap around the antenna to keep the water out.

Last edited by rickc309; 02-08-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:27 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the same mount and love it. By the way.... That is a big ass antenna
Old 02-08-2008, 11:32 AM
JK Super Freak

most people seal that hole don't they? silicon or something like that
Old 02-08-2008, 11:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

4 Foot antenna, and yes I'm going to seal the hole with Black RTV Silicone, I figured most did.
Old 02-08-2008, 11:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rickc309
4 Foot antenna, and yes I'm going to seal the hole with Black RTV Silicone, I figured most did.
Thats what i did. Best trick is to apply a little. Let it dry. and repeat. Other wise it just keeps going in the hole.
Old 02-08-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looks great! That is the mount that I want to install as well. The list of things to get/install is so long . . .
Old 02-08-2008, 01:50 PM
JK Super Freak

RickC309,

Looks real GOOD. Got the same set-up almost. I added a CB Antenna Spring (Heavy Duty) to the 4' Firestick, and painted spring and fitting flat black, then sealed the hole with some Black RTV Silicone. A little trick if you want the Black Silicone to look real smooth, take and wet your finger a little and run it over the Silicone (before the silicone starts to set). Smooth as a baby's butt.........

Also, I love the fact that the end is a NO SOLDER now. Quick and easy......
Old 08-06-2008, 03:13 PM
JK Newbie

OK, I have my antenna mounted to the license plate looks great, now where is the opening everyone used to run the coax from the license plate box into the JK?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:22 PM
JK Freak

did you do the cooltech ultramount? if so, it has the instructions with it that shows where to route the wires into the JK. It's up at the top somewhere, there is a rubber grommet that you pull the carpet back a little and feed the wire through, just at the top right above the license plate holder under the carpet
Old 08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
JK Freak

Looks good! Installed mine and it leans slightly to the left like yours. Looks worse than it actually is thanks to the slope of the top. I really don't care, a few degrees isn't going to make a difference.

I love the fact that there's no soldering anymore! I went and got a cheap iron to do the job (based on the website's info) and found out I didn't need it!!! At least I had an excuse to go get a soldering iron!!!

Cheers.

Quick Reply: Cool Tech UltraMount, thumbs up!