Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Daystar switches?

Old 03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Daystar switches?

Can someone who actually installed daystar Rocker switches tell me how they are wired? The two outside pole both go hot when power is wired to the center pole and the unit is switched on. There seems to be no ground tab.
Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

If you have a manual transmission, the Daystar panel and switches have a major design flaw. When you shift into 3rd and 5th, you will turn off the two switches on the right side every time. The shifter boot hits the switches. Daystars response is to push the shifter boot down. I pushed mine down as far as it would go and it still happened and looked like pure crap also. I since modified my Daystar panel and installed it on the top of the windshield from between the sunvisors. I like it much better there. No accidental hitting the switches.

Old 03-28-2008, 07:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

When life gives you lemons... ;-)

Nicely played.
Old 03-28-2008, 08:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by flrubicon
I really like that idea. I even have the daystar panel sitting in my closet that I just haven't mounted yet. Looks like I may have to use your idea. Thanks for posting that!

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 03-12-2009 at 04:10 AM. Reason: blacklisted mfg.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:59 PM
JK Newbie

Default I have it with manual

Don't know if the year makes the difference, but I have it with a manual with zero problems. I have never had the boot turn anything on or off. I know others on this forum that don't have the problem either. Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-29-2008, 06:17 PM
JK Newbie

I think it depends on the type of switches used. I used the Contura II rocker style switches. 3rd and 4th switch will not stay on when shifting. Thats why I went up and high with them and couldnt be happier. I also have enough room for another switch pod for up to 8 switches total.
Old 06-16-2008, 10:27 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey flrubicon where did you get the rocker switches with the description of what they power, on them?

Quick Reply: Daystar switches?