Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

DDM 35watt HID

Old 01-16-2014, 06:10 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so here is my dilemma. I bought the 35w SINGLE beam headlights and fogs... My headlights I hooked up with the error eliminators. No relays.. I'm still have issues where they just turn off. They worked fine last night when I first put them in but it's not consistent. Maybe the 35watt isn't enough power for the computer ? Should I get 55w? My buddy runs the exact same setup with 55w and he's claiming that's the issue. The ballast soaks up most of the power and it's not enough for the computer so they shutdown ?
Old 01-16-2014, 08:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

I called ddm tuning. They told me it will work. And that I need to add a capacitor to the ecu and maybe a diode. I really don't think I wanna be doing " brain surgery ". What do you guys think ?
Old 01-16-2014, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Call up DDM and get the hi/low harness. This uses the passenger side headlight plug and runs its own plug to the driver side. You will not use the driver side head light plug. I dont think that its not working because it not being 55w. I am running the 35w with harness, and i helped 3 other JK guys put them in with the same kit with no issues. One guy just has the low beam bulbs also and they work great. Hope this helps.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/High-Low-Harness
Old 01-16-2014, 03:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hmmmm.

For some crazy reason. When I turn the lights on before I start the jeep, they work fine ?!?!?!? I just drove home with them and had 0 issues. So knock on wood well see how it goes Tmra night lol
Old 01-18-2014, 08:15 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK7007
Call up DDM and get the hi/low harness. This uses the passenger side headlight plug and runs its own plug to the driver side. You will not use the driver side head light plug. I dont think that its not working because it not being 55w. I am running the 35w with harness, and i helped 3 other JK guys put them in with the same kit with no issues. One guy just has the low beam bulbs also and they work great. Hope this helps.

http://www.ddmtuning.com/Products/High-Low-Harness

hmmm... maybe il give this a shot...
Old 01-25-2014, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Finally got my hids to work. Went and ordered 5k bulbs. But now I can't seem to get the fogs to work lol. I have error eliminators hooked up and they just flash slowly a few times and then don't work :(

I've used ddm hids on my past 3 trucks and I can't believe how annoying they are with my jk
Old 01-25-2014, 10:06 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have the 35wat as well without issue, only thing I have is the hi/low harness, no error code eliminator or anything. No problems to report

As long as your bulbs are the hi/low variety, the harness should be the only thing goofing up your system. I have ddm hids in my fogs as well, no eliminators and just the normal harness. Also no issues. If you are using the harness on the fogs I would try taking out the error eliminator.

Last edited by Vladimer; 01-25-2014 at 10:08 PM.
Old 01-27-2014, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vladimer
I have the 35wat as well without issue, only thing I have is the hi/low harness, no error code eliminator or anything. No problems to report As long as your bulbs are the hi/low variety, the harness should be the only thing goofing up your system. I have ddm hids in my fogs as well, no eliminators and just the normal harness. Also no issues. If you are using the harness on the fogs I would try taking out the error eliminator.
Unfortunately I bought the single bulbs. Not hi lo. Maybe that's the entire issue in itself... They work now if I turn them on before I start the jeep. And the fogs I still have to play with because they were working at all. I even had to disconnect the battery to get the stock bulbs to work again.
Old 02-07-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Newbie

I bought mine from The LED Source: HID and LED Lighting the guy over the phone knew exactly what he was talking about. ive made an order and they are running flawless no codes no flickering. but dam didnt know these jeeps where so complicated my little honda didnt need so many other addons

Last edited by k0260; 02-07-2014 at 06:43 PM. Reason: non sponsor link ad
Old 02-07-2014, 03:03 PM
JK Newbie

sorry forgot to add i got the Hi-Low 6k and h10 yellow foglights. had to add a pair of capacitors, relay harness for both hi-low and fog, 1 resistor for high beam flickering and thats it running like a champ.

Last edited by larry_h; 02-07-2014 at 03:07 PM.

Quick Reply: DDM 35watt HID