Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Delta vs. KC Lighting

Old 11-07-2009, 11:44 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Delta vs. KC Lighting

I was looking into putting some 6.5'' lights on the JK next to the windshield. I got to pricing KC light kits with brackets, but it looks like I could get the same thing in Delta for quite a bit cheaper. What are peoples opinions on these products?

I like the slim design of both products and like that they both come with the light cover protectors too. Is there lighting that you would recommend? (For a reasonable price??) These light kits that I am finding online (4wd.com, quadratec) are ridiculously expensive $200.00+ and am looking for some better options...
Old 11-07-2009, 11:53 AM
JK Junkie

I have 4 Delta HID lights 55w on my Jeep (2 on windshield, 2 on bumber) everything is included: wiring, switch, relay, etc
Very satisfied

Last edited by Yoda; 11-07-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:59 AM
JK Newbie

Also if you have a good recommendation, please post where you got them from or a link...Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Army Wrangler
Also if you have a good recommendation, please post where you got them from or a link...Thanks
I bought it at carparts.com (not a sponsor) fast shipping...

DELTA 150 SERIES THIN PROFILE H3 HALOGEN DRIVING LIGHT KIT WITH STONE GUARDS

It was 89$ last year, now it's 111$ fot the pair

Last edited by Yoda; 11-07-2009 at 12:07 PM.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:28 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Army Wrangler
I was looking into putting some 6.5'' lights on the JK next to the windshield. I got to pricing KC light kits with brackets, but it looks like I could get the same thing in Delta for quite a bit cheaper. What are peoples opinions on these products?

I like the slim design of both products and like that they both come with the light cover protectors too. Is there lighting that you would recommend? (For a reasonable price??) These light kits that I am finding online (4wd.com, quadratec) are ridiculously expensive $200.00+ and am looking for some better options...
I have a pair of Deltas and KCs, both with the wiring, relay and switch - much prefer the KCs. Yes they are more expensive, but higher quality IMO. The Delta fogs are OK at best and the switch was a PoS, I changed it for a Radio shack switch before installing.

Quick Reply: Delta vs. KC Lighting