Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Desperate need of a sound gurus help

Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Desperate need of a sound gurus help

So you guys are basically my last ditch effort before calling Kenwood and having to sit on the phone for a few hours.

I bought a new head unit for my Jk, replaced all my speakers, then had a amp and sub installed.

The day the amp was installed the iPod hook & CD/DVD player for my headunit stopped working. It worked fine since the day I got it. After the guy who installed it checked all connections and every set up in the menu he told me to call kenwood. As soon as he said that the iPod started playing and worked fine for a week until today.

I started my jeep and since then the ipod hasn't played thru the speakers. It plays on the headunit screen but wont come thru the speakers. There isn't static or anything. Its just dead.

Do any of you guys out there have any insight into why this could happen?

I have pure confidence that everything is hooked up right. He checked all the connections countless times and nothing appeared to be loose.

Any thoughts or ideas are greatly appreciated

Thanks

WHATS INSTALLED:

Kenwood DNX 5120 Headunit

INFINITY REFERENCE 5350A 5 CH 500W AMPLIFIER
Old 09-25-2008, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Are you getting sound from FM or CD?

If no have you bypassed the amp and tried using the deck power?
Old 09-25-2008, 07:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

It sounds like it might be a setting on your ipod. I had a similar situation but i could hear the sound but could not see the picture. It was a setting on the ipod and nothing to do with a connection to the head unit or a head unit setting. Hope that helps.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:19 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We really need more info to help. How is the Ipod hooked up? through the big controller plug or just a 1/8" jack? Does the stereo have a specific Ipod input or does it have AUX input? Are any other functions on the Ipod or Deck not working properly.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

AM/FM works thru the speakers. The iPod is hooked up thru a special Kenwood part that allows you to control the iPod on the screen.

Quick Reply: Desperate need of a sound gurus help