Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Desperately need help with headlights

Old 11-26-2014, 07:46 AM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Desperately need help with headlights

I just purchased a pair of Morimoto Sealed7s customized the way I wanted it and pre assembled. I got the package yesterday and the HID kit is far more complicated than I anticipated. I have called all the local truck shops, dealerships, and automotive stores and none of them say than can do it.

Here's what my problems are:
-I do not know where to plug in the two wires that ultimately connect to the Halo ring (I'm looking to have them be day time running lamps)
-Can both the charge/load resistors (that came already attached to the harness) be connected to the same ground outlet?
-Can all the ground wires share a ground outlet with other wires (mopar and/or morimoto wires)

I had got everything plugged in (to test) and got the headlights working but I then ran into two probems:
-Once in Hi Beam, they could not return to the normal or Low Beam lights (I have to turn the whole headlights off and on to get them out of Hi Beam)
-As I was turning the battery off (after my testing), I heard a loud pop, sounded like a fire cracker, but was not able to identify and fray, burn, disfigured, exploded, etc parts of the lights and the battery; everything seemed normal and good especially since everything connected to the battery still works and even the headlights continued working

I've learned to mess with most aspects of the Jeep JK but the battery is one I cannot overcome. Since there is no professional assistance available, I am in desperate need for help

*I can add pictures if needed*
Old 11-26-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Junkie

Pics of install please.
Old 11-27-2014, 08:22 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by DunnyBunny
Pics of install please.
I was able to get a hold of two people (GM at a local Chrysler dealership and a head sales rep at a Porsche dealership) both of them I know personally and both own Jeep JKs. They have both offered to help me out and take a look at it this weekend. I will take pictures then because they asked me to uninstall what I did for the time being.