Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Door lock wire question

Old 09-09-2009, 04:41 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door lock wire question

I am trying to install 2 used 2007 factory front doors with power locks and power windows (my current doors are manual). The windows I have figured out. There is a kit out there to convert from manual locks to power without switching out the actuator but I need to know what the 2 wires are that are going to the switch. The person I spoke to said I need to know which wire is ground and which one is hot. He was telling me that they both could be ground or both hot. The one wire is purple with a blue stripe and the other is a green wire with a tan stripe. If anybody knows this it would help me out.
Old 09-09-2009, 06:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The switch wires go to the canbus controller to lock and unlock the doors. They cannot be used for your conversion since there is no power/ground in those wires just a signal. You need to wire seperate switches and relays. The latches use reversing polarity to lock and unlock.

Last edited by dmhines; 09-09-2009 at 06:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Door lock wire question