Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Double DIN Install

Old 08-18-2015, 04:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Double DIN Install

Did Kenwood nav install on a 2015 and it worked great. Even have functions like tire pressure that were not even an option with the old radio.

Just curious what everybody is using to support the rear of the radio? The plastic it is screwed to seems to flex a lot.

Also, has anybody modified the rear bracket to allow for the centre screw on the dash still to be used? I picture somebody grabbing the dash and it tearing off.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:01 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is how I cut my bracket so I still had the top screw for support. I thought I was going to have to grind some off the top bar but I managed to fit the hu in with just a touch of up tilt at the dash face. Not enough to me to warrant weakening the cross structure.

I was going to run a piece of bailing wire under the unit and attach it to the 2 side screws but my unit sat directly on my duct work so I didn't bother.

Last edited by 14Sport; 08-18-2015 at 05:34 AM.
Old 08-18-2015, 05:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 14Sport
This is how I cut my bracket so I still had the top screw for support. I thought I was going to have to grind some off the top bar but I managed to fit the hu in with just a touch of up tilt at the dash face. Not enough to me to warrant weakening the cross structure.

I was going to run a piece of bailing wire under the unit and attach it to the 2 side screws but my unit sat directly on my duct work so I didn't bother.
Looks like I will do the same. Did you cut the little tabs off the top part?
Old 08-18-2015, 05:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I did not. I just made the cuts I showed. Sorry for the late response, fishing the Suwannee today.

Quick Reply: Double DIN Install