Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dual batteries?

Old 12-04-2008, 05:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anythings possible if you can think it! i just got installed, 1 yellow top optima in the engine bay and two blue top optimas in the trunk in the troll fury optima battery box. the box was about 35$ if i remember correctly so that was pretty cheap. i got 8 offroad lights on one blue top, and the winch on the other blue top, and then the yellow top is just running the rest of the vehicle (stereo, lights, etc.)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Box 1.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	16156   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery Box 2.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	16157   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery & Battery Blanket.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	16158  
Old 12-04-2008, 02:28 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
anythings possible if you can think it! i just got installed, 1 yellow top optima in the engine bay and two blue top optimas in the trunk in the troll fury optima battery box. the box was about 35$ if i remember correctly so that was pretty cheap. i got 8 offroad lights on one blue top, and the winch on the other blue top, and then the yellow top is just running the rest of the vehicle (stereo, lights, etc.)
That looks nice, but wow it takes up a lot of space in the back. I'd consider placing a second battery in the back, but I'd want Woods deep storage and place it inside there so it's out of the way.
Old 01-03-2009, 05:44 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by scouter4life
That looks nice, but wow it takes up a lot of space in the back. I'd consider placing a second battery in the back, but I'd want Woods deep storage and place it inside there so it's out of the way.
your right it does take up some space. but for the winter days, it only takes 3 minutes for the jeep to warm up all the way. some people say its stupid, waste of time and money but meh, i like it and thats what counts. plus i have another jeep so if i need to buy something that requires me to fold down the back seats then i just take my other jeep. cause the wrangler is just for fun
Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

A pic of mine in the boote, I haven't coinnected it to the Jeep yet , I just charge it off the home charger and plug the fridge direct into it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic_0104_055.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	17366
Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KingKoopa
How have you adjusted the charging voltage down for the AGM batteries?
Old 01-04-2009, 08:19 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Patchules
How have you adjusted the charging voltage down for the AGM batteries?
I can't speak for any other battery other than the Blue Top Optima. But you do not have to do anything to the Alternator's voltage regulator for the battery. I have two optima blue tops in a Woods tub. They have been in there since April with zero problems. You need to read the voltage requirement of the battery you're going to use then measure the actual voltage being delivered. With the long run to the back I went with 2/0 wire and all was fine. I don't remember what the actual voltage was but it must have been good or I'd have done something else.

From my gallery I was getting 14.4 to 14.8 volts

Quick Reply: Dual batteries?