Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Dumbass question

Old 08-08-2008, 09:21 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dumbass question

Stay with me here as i'm not the sharpest tool in the shed. I have the basic (sirius) radio and 6 speaker (non-infinity) set up in my JK. I will prob put Infinity 6.5s or similar in my soundbars and add a small 10'' sub box. How do you tie in a sub? I've heard tapping off the soundbar speakers will burn up the head unit. So radio to amp to sub then?

Maybe i need car audio for dummies?

Don't really trust the local Best Buy as they mucked up my friends bronco 2 audio install.
Old 08-08-2008, 09:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey Dumbass.... try the search function lol just playing with ya... but me and bigbluejk have been on a thread for a few days about just this thing.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-electrical-lighting-sound-systems-13/subwoofer-jk-50187/

This will explain it all to you.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ya, hopefully we will have some more people post their set ups too. You can just tap into those speaker outputs and use an RCA converter. You can grab one at walmart for like 15 bux that works fine. then install your amp and sub like any other.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:08 PM
JK Jedi

always remember that there are not dumbass questions, just dumbass people.
Old 08-08-2008, 12:17 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
always remember that there are not dumbass questions, just dumbass people.
Haha so true... stupid ppl give me a headache lol
Old 08-08-2008, 12:54 PM
JK Newbie

after reading for 2 hours think i'll go with an infinity basslink and better soundbar speakers.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:29 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by jldx75
after reading for 2 hours think i'll go with an infinity basslink and better soundbar speakers.
You should listen to one before you buy it, IMO. they are nice, but not very loud and def. not very low. To me they sound about like the factory one. If I had a small budget I would check this out http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Produ...3&tp=442&avf=N only $150 for two mtx 12s and amp in a q logic box. I dunno? maybe something. In a 4 door it might fit between the rear seat and the cubby hole. free shipping too.

Quick Reply: Dumbass question