Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

eyourlife 300W 50" LED light bar install

Old 05-19-2015, 11:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default eyourlife 300W 50" LED light bar install

So my buddy talked me into one of the generic 50" light bars. As noted in the title, I went with the eyourlife 50" LED from Amazon and attached it to the jeep with a Rock Slide Engineering pillar mount. So far i'm very happy with the set up. It looks great and is bright as BALLS! Wiring was quick and easy since i've got a sPOD. I stuck a 30 amp fuse in and hooked it up. Didn't notice any condensation in the light this morning, despite having some on the inside of my wind shield. This leads me to believe it's sealed up pretty good.

Install: Took about an hour. The mount I chose is extremely heavy duty and has room for the 10 gauge wire to run behind it, through the wiper cowl, and into the engine compartment. The mount comes with poly washers to keep the steel off the paint. The washers are kind of neat because they slide on the provided bolts and stay put, holding the bolt in the hole. A small bit of detail, but the devils in the details. The supplied bolts are Allen head, not torx. Because of the wire's orientation on the low end of the light bar, I needed to add 5' of wire to make it to the other side of the engine compartment where the sPOD is mounted. The light itself comes with about a 2' lead of wire.

Light: It's what seems to be a very well built light. It's got a heavy duty aluminum housing and you can see silicone at the seams where it has been sealed from the factory. It's not terribly heavy and the fit and finish was spot on. It also has a 2 year warranty and based on the wide range of reviews on this product, the vendor is more than willing to work things out if you get a defective light or yours needs replaced under warranty. That was impressive. Price? Try 108 dollars shipped to my door. Compare that to a Rigid for 1800 dollars.

Noise: I have not noticed much noise from the light bar. Zero whistling in fact, which I'm sure has to do with the lower orientation from my mount selection. What I did get is wind turbulence that turns the soft top into a flapper. I haven't tried any of the internet fixes yet, but what I figured out is if I crack my windows EVER SO SLIGHTLY, the wind turbulence goes almost completely away. For now, I'm fine with that. With that said, my top speed with 4.56 gears is about 65, so that's the fastest I've gone with this set up.

Durability: So what's the first thing I did the next day after installing the light? I went wheeling of course. Myself and three other jeeps to include Copyguy from the forum invaded Uwharrie National forest for a day of rocks and clay. At the end of the day, after numerous beating and banging events, I checked the light and mount. No worries. It stayed put and function test was A-OK.

This is a great buy and i'm very impressed with the performance of the light. Probably the only thing I don't like about the light is the small end cap screws that are used to hang the light. The good news is that the mount fit so snug the screws are not holding the weight of the light by themselves. I've not noticed the light shifting after install either, which is awesome. Great value and looks/functions like a champ.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0018.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	72.0 KB
ID:	611443

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0016.jpg
Views:	525
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	611444
Old 05-19-2015, 12:52 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was this listed as the 52"? And do you notice any gaps on the sides
Old 05-19-2015, 12:59 PM
dog
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great review, I always appreciate when people take the time to write a detailed report and address the common concerns.

For a 50" LED Lightbar, it's really hard to go wrong spending 108$. I mean, even if you really want a Rigid, you could buy one of these to put on while you save up!

I know there's endless debate about build quality and brightness between the expensive and inexpensive lights, but it's also hard to go wrong with a 2-year warranty for such an inexpensive piece.

If you ever get a chance to put a Rigid (or other high-end brand) up next to yours, it would be awesome to see a few pics and comments on build/finish/brightness/beam pattern. I'm sure I'm not the only person who'd be interested in (as much of an) unbiased report (as possible).

Out of curiosity, how much was the mount? Total out of pocket expense for whole setup (minus spod)?

Cheers!
Old 05-19-2015, 01:10 PM
JK Freak

It's funny you mention size. Be careful when/if you order the light and make sure it says 50" if that's what you want. The one I ordered was 50", but there is a 52" that seems to randomly pop up in the search. Kind of weird but...

The mount was 123 shipped from qtec. I got a slight discount by calling in because of being a veteran. Mount was 123, light 108, wire was another 10 or so. For around 250 you can get everything you need to go live.
Old 05-19-2015, 01:12 PM
JK Freak

Oh, missed a question. When you say gaps in the sides, what do you mean?
Old 05-19-2015, 04:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can seem to find for that price are 52"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2120889628.jpg
Views:	199
Size:	17.2 KB
ID:	611488  
Old 05-19-2015, 05:01 PM
JK Freak

I have no idea. That's weird. LOL
Old 05-19-2015, 10:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered a 50 and they sent a 52. Was going to return it but for with my mount so went ahead and kept it lol. I had one led flickering and contacted them and they sent me a new one that was at my house in 2 days with a prepaid return label. For 100 bucks and awesome warranty I can't complain!
Old 05-19-2015, 11:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had the single row. I unscrewed the sides and upgraded the hardware since it's junk. Multiple people have talked about the weird low grade crap hardware that snaps when you hit nice size bump or something (don't say I didn't warn you) Anyway I upgraded the hardware and added the Rigid Industries Security Nuts to it.. I had on Jeep for a few weeks and first car wash was fine, but started noticing water drips a few days later. I loosened bar and turned so vents faced hood and water just poured out!! A day or two later, it rained and I started seeing condensation and water on the inside of light so I sent back, and sold my Poison Spyder painted to match light bar mounts on Craigslist.. Took a nice hit but don't miss having it

Last edited by Hskr4x4; 05-19-2015 at 11:19 PM.
Old 05-20-2015, 04:39 AM
JK Freak

I've seen other reviews like yours. It seems if you get a good one you're ok though. The one I have looks like it's sealed well, with over flows of silicone at the seams. I'll cross my fingers and hope I got a good one. If not, i'll call them up and they can ship me a new one. 2 year warranty, i'll call them once a month if I need to. LOL! I will say that if I find this one not to be sealed well, if I have to get another one, i'll seal it up myself before I install it. That will ensure it remains water tight.

[QUOTE=Hskr4x4;4101428]I had the single row. I unscrewed the sides and upgraded the hardware since it's junk. Multiple people have talked about the weird low grade crap hardware that snaps when you hit nice size bump or something (don't say I didn't warn you) Anyway I upgraded the hardware and added the Rigid Industries Security Nuts to it.. I had on Jeep for a few weeks and first car wash was fine, but started noticing water drips a few days later. I loosened bar and turned so vents faced hood and water just poured out!! A day or two later, it rained and I started seeing condensation and water on the inside of light so I sent back, and sold my Poison Spyder painted to match light bar mounts on Craigslist.. Took a nice hit but don't miss having it

Quick Reply: eyourlife 300W 50" LED light bar install