Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory Fog Light Upgrade Question

Old 04-07-2009, 04:38 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory Fog Light Upgrade Question

So I got the new PIAA H13 Headlight bulbs and they're awesome by the way I was told the factory fog light bulbs, which are a H10 is the same as a 9005. I ordered a set of PIAA 9005 Intense White Bulbs and installed them. Plugged in just fine and fits in the fog lamp housing just fine. When I powered them up, they flash at you twice and then shut off until the next ignition cycle. I pulled the schematic for the fogs and they're controlled by the stupid TIPM. Is this the wrong bulb? Is there any way around this? I am thinking about running the fog lamp switch to a relay to control the fogs and taking the stupid TIPM out of the scenario. I'm very comfortable with electronics, but I was wondering if anyone has had the same problem?
Old 04-07-2009, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the wattage is higher than stock than that would cause something like u are mentioning. U would have to run a relay to keep them if that's the case.

Last edited by jeepnxj3; 04-07-2009 at 08:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Factory Fog Light Upgrade Question