Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Are Factory Fog Lights covered under 3 year/36k warranty?

Old 10-16-2009, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Factory Fog Lights covered under 3 year/36k warranty?

Just picked up a 2007 Sahara with 19k miles on it last night. On the drive home some piece of scrap metal on the freeway slammed into my new jeep!! Luckily there was no damage whatsoever to the bumper or fog light, but the impact somehow made the right side foglight turn off. Would this be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty?
Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CSquareSahara
Just picked up a 2007 Sahara with 19k miles on it last night. On the drive home some piece of scrap metal on the freeway slammed into my new jeep!! Luckily there was no damage whatsoever to the bumper or fog light, but the impact somehow made the right side foglight turn off. Would this be covered under the bumper to bumper warranty?
If there is no damage, just claim you have no idea why it's not working and they should fix it.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

Yes it's covered.
But warranty is for manufacturing defects, not for when you broke them by hitting debris on the road...

So, like he says above me, don't tell them you hit something. Tell them it just stopped working.

Quick Reply: Are Factory Fog Lights covered under 3 year/36k warranty?