Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Factory headlight harness short

Old 06-15-2014, 10:28 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Factory headlight harness short

Thought it was my anti flicker or JW Speaker headlight but after swapping to other side I narrowed it to the green connector / OE harness. Not sure if it's the metal connectors or a short in the wire. I tried taping and zip tie but it goes on/off when I hit bumps - same symptom when I jiggle it. Sometimes only the high beam works. I thought about bending the anti flicker connectors for a tighter fit but I don't want to damage.

Anyone else experience this? Where do I find an OE harness kit?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:25 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WranglerJA
Thought it was my anti flicker or JW Speaker headlight but after swapping to other side I narrowed it to the green connector / OE harness. Not sure if it's the metal connectors or a short in the wire. I tried taping and zip tie but it goes on/off when I hit bumps - same symptom when I jiggle it. Sometimes only the high beam works. I thought about bending the anti flicker connectors for a tighter fit but I don't want to damage. Anyone else experience this? Where do I find an OE harness kit?
Maybe just change out the connector?

http://starparts.chrysler.com/starli...navigation.htm
Old 06-17-2014, 11:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have the same problem with my passenger side headlight!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-2014, 08:19 AM
JK Newbie

Thx. I didn't realize I could just change the connector. Thought I had to cut wires.
Old 06-18-2014, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WranglerJA
Thx. I didn't realize I could just change the connector. Thought I had to cut wires.
Usually, with the aid of tiny screwdrivers (eyeglasses type) you can release the wires from the connector blocks. Then the wires just click right into a new block. There are actual tools for releasing connectors but I've had success with just the tiny drivers.

Don't confuse the pin-out wiring order! Photos help.

Quick Reply: Factory headlight harness short