Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog light harness

Old 09-12-2009, 09:26 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog light harness

SO I have an X model with the stock bumper. I have a Rubicon bumper in my garage, with the factory fog lights that I'm gonna quiclky swap on for now until I get some dough for a killer bumper. I have aftermarket lights/wiring on the X so electrical runs up to the bumper, but I'd like to be able to have the proper stock connecting harness for the fogs to plug into as opposed to cutting/soldering.

Anyone know if this plastic harness is somethjing I can get at an autoparts store or order from somewhere online, or is this a specific dealership ordered part? Or am I better just soldering the aftermarket wiring onto the pins on the fog lights?

Thanks.
Old 09-12-2009, 12:17 PM
JK Junkie

Post it to JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems

You will have better chances to find an answer
Old 09-30-2009, 03:45 PM
JK Newbie

Default Fog light harness question...

I would like to know the answer as well. I added an XRC bumper on my '07 X and wanted to install fogs on the new bumper. Since the X doesn't come with fogs I went to the dealership and was told they don't sell a refit kit for the fogs but I was able to order new housings, bulbs and front end harness for the Rubicon and a wire harness from the aftermarket add-on for the rear end. I also purchased a new multi-switch that controls the fogs from the steering column as in the Rubicon. The instructions were simple enough until it was time to wire the lights to the fuse box. The instructions did not match what was in the box and I was left scratching my head.

I went back to the dealer and they could not help me. I called another dealer that told me that the X was pre-wired for fogs (up to a point) and the wires were tucked behind the headlights. I would need to undo the wires, plug in the fogs then bring the vehicle in to the dealer so they could update the computer to recognize the fogs and activate the multi-switch. Sounded promising until...

Well, I could not find this pre-existing harness and subsequent calls proved futile. I should have taken it up to them but they're a bit far to travel. Needless to say, I have still not figured out my fog light issue and I have useless lights on the front of my bumper. I should just drive up there and hold them to their word that the wires are there and have them figure it out.

Anyhow, the recalibrating of the computer to accept the fogs sounds reasonable since I didn't want to install rockers. If anyone can shed light on this, it would be great. Or if anyone has factory installed fogs and can trace the wiring for us so we can properly wire the lights would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Duck
Old 09-30-2009, 03:54 PM
JK Super Freak

You can buy the fog light kit. It comes with the wiring harness, 2 fog lights, the turn signal stalk for the oem look. You will have to take it to a dealer and have it flashed so they will work. I paid around 110 for the kit. Part# 8221870, do a search on the net for the part number and you should find them at justforjeeps and quadratec.

Quick Reply: Fog light harness