Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fog Light Height

Old 02-10-2009, 09:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog Light Height

I just picked up a new front bumper, and wanted to get some kc fog lights to mount on it. A friend of mine suggested that I may not be able to do that because fog lights are supposed to be down low.

I have an 09 wrangler unlimited on 33" tires, and 2" lift. is this too high to mount fogs on top of the bumper?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

I wouldn't think so. If you end up getting stock fogs, they are built into the bumper. I don't think your larger tires and lift are going to make that much difference. And you can still adjust them, to point more downward, right?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by trip0d199
I wouldn't think so. If you end up getting stock fogs, they are built into the bumper. I don't think your larger tires and lift are going to make that much difference. And you can still adjust them, to point more downward, right?
I wont be installing the fog lights IN the bumper, they will be going ON TOP of the bumper. The bumper is a Smittbilt SRC bumper and has the tabs on top
Old 02-10-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

I don't think that is too high. Weren't the TJs "fog" lights mounted on top of the bumper? And I have seen plenty of lifted TJs.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

From what I have read as long as they are below your headlights you should be OK. It varies from state to state but that's the most common regulation.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

cool thanks

Quick Reply: Fog Light Height