Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Footwell Lighting

Old 07-29-2015, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Footwell Lighting

Ok guys, so a few weeks ago i had tried to checkout all the related forums to see if i could find a set up that fit what i was looking for in my footwell lighting and the best idea i had seen any body come up with was splicing into the dome light wire on the passenger side of the jeep.

Well after a little bit of looking around the jeep with my dad we found a perfect way to do your footwell lighting so that way it comes on with the dome light and can be turned on with the dome light from inside the car as well. See my next few images to see just how we did it.

(Img 1) (Img 2) (Img 3) (Img 4) (Img 5)

Ok, so what we did here was actually really simple, up underneath the passenger foot area there is a small foot lamp, who's lighting is so dim it is almost non-existant. I personally hadn't even noticed it was there until we were looking for something to tie into. well with these things here it made things extremely easy, they both unclip from the driver and passenger side, see img 4 or 5 to see where it sits, you'll just press down on the plastic lock and pull out to detach as well as unscrewing the 1 screw that holds this piece into place. After you do that you'll want to split both the red and white wires as shown in img 1, with the led strips i used, the black with white stripe went to the red, the black with the white, and i spliced them together as shown in the same figure. In img 3 you can find what the completed version of my splicing looked like, with the black wire from the leds coming out of it. the way this worked out ended up making mounting super easy, i used clear mounting tape for 2 strips of leds on each side, 1 above the feet and 1 on the side of the seat by the door(pics coming in next post) and the wires tucked easily. So now overtime i open my car or have any reason for my dome light to come on these come on with it! quick and easy to do, should only take 15 minutes now with this easy instruction. This was for my 2015 Jeep Wrangler JK sport.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0335.JPG
Views:	3234
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	619739   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0336.JPG
Views:	3061
Size:	2.22 MB
ID:	619740   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0337.JPG
Views:	5536
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	619741   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0346.JPG
Views:	4560
Size:	1.34 MB
ID:	619743   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.JPG
Views:	2943
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	619744  

Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, so finished pics, the first one with the white leds is right above your feet on both sides of the front of the vehicle, as well as multi colored lights at the base of each front seat as shown in the far right picture. I house the controller, as shown in the middle picture right off the gear shift console on the passenger side. Hope this helps some of you with your new led installations!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0344.JPG
Views:	2563
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	619749   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0348.JPG
Views:	2715
Size:	4.56 MB
ID:	619750   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0343.JPG
Views:	2662
Size:	2.05 MB