Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Front turn signal issue

Old 11-18-2018, 04:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front turn signal issue

We have a 2008 JK 4dr Unlimited X. We thought we had a burned out both front turn signal bulbs as they worked sporadically. Upon inspection bulbs were good, I replaced them anyways in case the filament was going, seemed to fix. Took for a ride and and about a 1/2mile I went to turn put on signal as I was hitting the vrake (issue seems to happen when brake or headlights are turned on almost like a short) and got rapid flash w no front signals. Was told it was the turn signal switch, swapped for new issue remained, was told reset ecu by touching positive battery cable to negative cable for 30 seconds along w key on off procedure, issue persisted. Pulled new bulbs as well as their fittings all looked good no corrosin tight fit, added dielectric grease and reinstalled, issue petsisted. Any and all ideas or help to diagnose greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Reverend Jones; 11-18-2018 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Forgot information

Quick Reply: Front turn signal issue