Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Front Turn Signals and Fog Lamps Reversed.

Old 10-18-2017, 04:31 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front Turn Signals and Fog Lamps Reversed.

Just had the TIPM, TCM and PCM replaced in my 2011 JKU after a lightning strike fried them. The Jeep runs great now, with the exception of one thing. When I activate a turn signal, the fog lamp now acts as the turn signal. The rear works fine. The actual amber light up front is always steady.

Is this a simple fix that someone has experienced before and can walk me through or should I just take it back to the dealer? I have no problem with going back to the dealer other than the pain in the ass it is since it's an hour away.

Thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 04:44 AM
Super Moderator

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

If the dealer did the work i would take it back to them for two reasons one being they crossed something and two so they know what is going on and can maybe do a little better quality control.

Another option is to start chasing wires which can be quite daunting and to locate where the cross is going to be difficult.

R/
Will
Old 10-18-2017, 05:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Canvas
If the dealer did the work i would take it back to them for two reasons one being they crossed something and two so they know what is going on and can maybe do a little better quality control.

Another option is to start chasing wires which can be quite daunting and to locate where the cross is going to be difficult.

R/
Will
Yeah, That does make the most sense. While it is a pain, it is less so than trying to figure where they screwed up. I ws hoping it would be "pull this box out and flip it over". Not likely I'd get so lucky.

Quick Reply: Front Turn Signals and Fog Lamps Reversed.