Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Frustrating...anyone know how to fix...

Old 05-26-2009, 04:27 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Frustrating...anyone know how to fix...

Alright, here goes...this is my first jeep...I have built many 4wds in the past, mostly Early Broncos...I didn't have to deal with new car stuff or dealerships...I have an 08 Rubicon...I had the MyGig w/Nav installed. Due to NAV problems the radio was replaced once...Supposed to come with a one year subscription to SIRIUS...it ran out in 2 months. I called SIRIUS to find out what was going on...the dealership installed a radio with a Canadian ESN...SIIRUS cannot activate the readio unless I purchase a new plan, they are saying that the radio needs to be replaced again. Now for the fun part. I am in the military, so of course I am 1500 miles away from the dealership that I bought the truck from, and I am getting the sense that they really don't care now that I cannot stand in the show room until it gets fixed...The local dealership cannot replace the radio because they have to turn in radios that are alike to get the credit for warranty work (makes sense to me). The dealership in Jacksonville, FL (where I bought the truck) is not moving on this at all...I am frustrated...and to top it all off, the stupid linkage for the transfer case broke this weekend, no forward, no reverse...I am really beginning to dislike the Jeep products...Is there a customer service number that is regional? I have owned a few German cars, and they call all the time to see how service is going and so forth...Do the Jeep reps monitor this forum...I know that for my Z4, the BMW dudes were always chiming in and helping out...

I just think that if you pay for something, it should work as advertised...sorry for the rant...having a broken, expensive jeep sort of put a damper on the weekend...the fact that I move about every two years makes it very difficult to establish a relationship with a dealer, I am just looking to go up a level to get some answers...

Thanks
Wes
Old 05-26-2009, 04:32 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you put this in the "JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems" section, it might get more bites.
Old 05-26-2009, 07:47 AM
JK Newbie

Yeah, its a Jeep...thanks, and the transfer case thing...I wasn't in 4wd, wasn't shifting...the thing just grenaded itself...the coupling was totally gone....thanks for moving the rant, I was really looking for a regional customer service number or asking if any Jeep reps monitored this forum...like I said, the BMW guys monitor their forum and are a tremendous help...I am pretty sure that Jeep customer service isn't quite as user friendly....

Wes
Old 05-26-2009, 07:56 AM
JK Jedi

You have the 08 with the lifetime warrenty? If you do they should fix the problem to make the Jeep like it was when you bought it. As far as Sirus them and Jeep need to give you your time back. Raise some HELL and get things done. It always works for me

Quick Reply: Frustrating...anyone know how to fix...