Notices
JK Electrical, Lighting & Sound Systems Bulletin board forum regarding topics such as stereo head units, CD players, MP3 players, speaker systems, amplifiers, hardmounted GPS devices, computers, headlight upgrades, fog lights, off-road lights, general wiring and anti-theft devices.

Fuse for Fog lights ??

Old 11-18-2010, 02:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuse for Fog lights ??

What is the fuse called on the inside of the fuse box or the number of the fuse for the fog lights? Sorry for the ridiculous question, but I cant seem to find it. Maybe I'm looking over it to fast...

Iv looked at the fuse box layout map also.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...fog+light+fuse

Any help would be great, thanks.
Old 11-18-2010, 03:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

This is just a thought. But since there doesn't appear to be a fuse for the headlights either. And both of those systems are controled by the PCM. And the PCM monitors current draw to those systems. Then, in a round and about way, the fuse for the fogs would be the PCM fuse. I work with "PLC's" Power Logic Controlers in the industrial world. And they usualy have one power supply to control many systems. Why do you ask?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:36 AM
JK Newbie

If the fuse for the PCM was bad I would assume I would be missing more than my fog lights. The reason for me asking is I installed my DDM 35W Hid kit, which I hoped for it to be as simple as plug and play. When I turned the lights on one of the bulbs flashed, 5 seconds off,flashed, 5 seconds off, then flashed and stayed off. Sounds like a bulb out error? I then added the error eliminators from DDM and nothing happened. I then put my stock bulbs back in and they would not light, they both worked when they came out.

Thanks for the reply
Old 11-19-2010, 08:45 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Iskreem
If the fuse for the PCM was bad I would assume I would be missing more than my fog lights. The reason for me asking is I installed my DDM 35W Hid kit, which I hoped for it to be as simple as plug and play. When I turned the lights on one of the bulbs flashed, 5 seconds off,flashed, 5 seconds off, then flashed and stayed off. Sounds like a bulb out error? I then added the error eliminators from DDM and nothing happened. I then put my stock bulbs back in and they would not light, they both worked when they came out.

Thanks for the reply
Well I did say that the fog light circuit is controled by the computer, PCM or what ever you want to call it. And if it decides that there is a problem with that circuit. Then guess what? No worky!. So you would be correct about the fuse. Unless, by pulling the fuse and replacing it, you actualy power down the system long enough to reboot and restore the factory fog light circuit.
Old 11-23-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Newbie

Well just to follow up, I had to run out and when I came back I thought I'll plug in the stock lights and see what happened for fun. And well they worked fine guess I must have reset something some how... Anyway I'll be adding a relay for my fog lights and have them all installed by the weekend. Headlights already installed and working just fine.

Quick Reply: Fuse for Fog lights ??